Turbo Headers: $2500?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Those were failed design. I hate to say it but " I Told You So"

The equal length "loopy tubes" manifolds were designed to fit, however the builder (not myself) looped the outer bend incorrectly. if they were rerouted like i had said in a different post a while back they would have fit fine. SC400TT - yes, you can get equal length manifolds to fit...Lextreme, if its not your idea, then shame on it:Flush:...peoples attitudes on this forum are getting old. we threw some pics because we were excited to offer a performance turbo manifolds....we (or I should say I) did not hype them up any, only showed a few pics. no harm in that.
after the original manifolds were made, the builder went in for surgery and was out of the game for a few months. people got tired of waiting, obvisouly, and the manifolds were left behind.

if anyones interested in them give me a holler. do with them what you will. (no david i'm not trying to market thesee...we have the original set laying around doing no good)

Eric,

Are you using JDM account to post again? I didnt say it was my design. I said it would not clear accessories or area of the car. If it worked, then you wouldn't have to use Ryan's design. It was an obvious failure therefore you got tired of trying. However, there were many posts in CL and Supraforum that you claim the design was yours and it was made by your company.... Shame on you..... By the way, the new headers Frank made for Ryan wont work because its too long...

Give credit where credit is due son!.....

no dave, its casey. not eric. i designed the manifolds to fit, and they would have. the builder who we gave that project to, as we've been doing other things, underwent surgery, and has ran into health problems since. as a result, the manifolds were never finished up and eric had another set made up (the ones this thread is dedicated to).
i didn't say it was your design, i'm saying if it isnt something you came up with, you don't care much to have it on the forums (you've been bashing everything i've posted, and locked every thread i've made since day one...don't tell me youre "trying to protect the people...")
no more from me though....night folks

I like the China idea. We should get some made there. I would buy two-three sets if they were that cheap. Does someone really have a China hook up on making headers? $2500 is a Joke.:eek:p:

Hey JDM, here I get dragged back into this thing again...I only saw the pics of the headers you and Eric posted...And those would never fit nor work in the SC engine bay. Plus the mere size of those merge collectors that you guys had on those headers were a problem. As far as equal length tubes, maybe someone could do it, but do it and keep the accessories, I have quite a bit of doubt...I will say this, the SC has been out since 91, 16 years, and no one has built such a set, not one person...I know I was not holding out for it.

JDM, I have no issues with you or Eric, but if your design would work, why didn't you get someone else to make them? There are any number of fabricators that could have completed the set? What's a couple of months? Anyway, good luck man...

Ryan

The equal length "loopy tubes" manifolds were designed to fit, however the builder (not myself) looped the outer bend incorrectly. if they were rerouted like i had said in a different post a while back they would have fit fine. SC400TT - yes, you can get equal length manifolds to fit...Lextreme, if its not your idea, then shame on it:Flush:...peoples attitudes on this forum are getting old. we threw some pics because we were excited to offer a performance turbo manifolds....we (or I should say I) did not hype them up any, only showed a few pics. no harm in that.
after the original manifolds were made, the builder went in for surgery and was out of the game for a few months. people got tired of waiting, obvisouly, and the manifolds were left behind.

if anyones interested in them give me a holler. do with them what you will. (no david i'm not trying to market thesee...we have the original set laying around doing no good)

Cribbj, no, I was not pleased at all. I did the hard work, and spent the hard money, time and effort to get these made...On ClubLexus, I was only given credit after I posted up a reply that his headers came from my efforts with Frank. And I get ZERO dollars or benefit from Eric selling them. In fact, I loaned out my set for free, to jig them. I wanted to help the community because I know how hard it was to find a person that actually was skilled enough to fab these up. Yeah, I paid a lot for the first set, but my car is still unique....

Ryan
e-solver,

Whatever available is NOT from eric. It is from someone else. I would call it as RYA TT. The credit should NOT go to him. Credit should goes to the person who put out the money and made it happened.

Hey Ryan, you're right...the pics that were put up would not fit. Definetly not in the SC, nor the mk4 Sup or GS. They were built with the mk4 and GS in mind. The outer loop was placed incorrectly and therefore they ended up being too wide. They were built around all accesories and with the loop rerouted they would have just fit. the merge collectors were placed where they were with the turbo size, clocking, downpipes, and radiator placement all accounted for.
I usually wouldn't defend these things like I am, but I don't care for the "I told you so" attitude that some are displaying.

And yes, the SC (UZ series motors in general) have been out for some time now, and until recently, you couldn't buy anything aftermarket other than plug wires or maybe a set of shorty NA headers. You couldn't buy an aftermarket intake manifold until this past year. The point is, until you try it, you wont know, and I'd rather know than wonder about it....and thats what we did. Yep, we probably won't know the outcome, but we tried.

I supose we could finish them up, but with everything going on, and the unfortunate health of the builder, things just went other directions. So who knows, maybe someday.

Hey JDM, here I get dragged back into this thing again...I only saw the pics of the headers you and Eric posted...And those would never fit nor work in the SC engine bay. Plus the mere size of those merge collectors that you guys had on those headers were a problem. As far as equal length tubes, maybe someone could do it, but do it and keep the accessories, I have quite a bit of doubt...I will say this, the SC has been out since 91, 16 years, and no one has built such a set, not one person...I know I was not holding out for it.

JDM, I have no issues with you or Eric, but if your design would work, why didn't you get someone else to make them? There are any number of fabricators that could have completed the set? What's a couple of months? Anyway, good luck man...

Ryan

Its too bad that Version 2 is now available... LOL.. That mean Version 1 failed.. This guys talks more then he fabricate. Its too bad he has to copy other people's work or get other people's source for fabrication. $2,500 for a log style headers and they are not even his. What a joker.

Lex,

suppose you would use these "Version 2" (or similar) headers for a single Turbo setup....how would this perform versus the single turbo 1UZ Setup you made (so having one stock header facing backwards that meets the other header in a "collector" and than goes to the turbo) ?

Will the twin turbo headers perform better as in spoolup etc. ?...or is the difference "neglectable" ?...given same turbo etc etc..

It would not be practical to use these for a single turbo set up...Lex's way is much easier, and cheaper.

Ryan

Lex,

suppose you would use these "Version 2" (or similar) headers for a single Turbo setup....how would this perform versus the single turbo 1UZ Setup you made (so having one stock header facing backwards that meets the other header in a "collector" and than goes to the turbo) ?

Will the twin turbo headers perform better as in spoolup etc. ?...or is the difference "neglectable" ?...given same turbo etc etc..

ok....but "practical", "cheaper" and "easier" doesn't say anything about "performance", "spoolup"..etc....

What am I not seeing in wanting to use the twin turbo headers for a (equal length) single turbo setup ?

On my brother's LS400 we are using a similar setup with connected headers:

t_dsc01978__medium__410.jpg

t_dsc01982__medium__121.jpg

Unfortunately one rod broke with only 5-6 psi on stock internals using a T88-34d...So we are now rebuilding the blok (CP pistons, Rods etc...):

t_dsc02132__medium__102.jpg

The 3UZ we are building will be single Turbo aswell.....btw. we finally received the 3UZ CP pistons:

t_pc060555_165.jpg

Whats the big deal having equal length headers? Unequal headers are better than log style. But that depends how they are done also?
Imo good fit and easy fabrication the unequal headers are far better..
Its not like the engine is N/A where flow is so important!! There's back pressure on all exhaust ports... I'v built a few for varoius engines. I try to make as close as I can to equal length. But find them too much hassle and have tendancy to make too much under bonnet [hood] temps...
Imp its no big deal..V8 headers should cost no more than $1200.00

Nice they are ceramic coated too...

These headers made 370 rwkw on std 4.0 sohc Ford 6...
With stand alone ecu 42Lb injectors, T04Z, Tial gate...
1/4 11.2 at 124 mph... 3300 Lb car
Not exactly log style? But flow well....
l.jpg

just read this whole thread - lol...

i cant believe what a bunch of old women you folk sound like in this thread...

bitch, moan, *knit*, whine, bicker, *knit*, gossip, back-stab, *knit*

makes me glad i can design and make my own stuff and not have to deal with ANY of you guys trying to make and sell bolt-on options. its a joke seeing this kind of behaviour amongst grown men! lol!

as for fabrication costs, i just paid around US$2500 mates rates (with me doing half the dirty work) for a custom set of NA headers and slipfit merge collectors - proper ones, tuned equal length etc etc, ceramic coated, worth every cent. now thats mates rates. to do it as a commercial exercise, these would sell for around US$3500 give or take. that is what this stuff costs to make!

im sure someone will point me a link towards rush headers and tell me what a waste of money this all is, and to that, i say - good luck to you ;)