equal length turbo headers

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

340i

hi,

im currently cooking up some equal length steampipe manifolds for my ute project. ive got a thread over in the build section but thought id post here for this too, since the current progress is exhaust related.

this is my first go at building manifolds (im still learning to weld... lol), so go easy on me ;)

their main purpose is to look good (its being built as a show ute), but hopfully they'll function ok too.

im putting a video together at the moment, but here's a sneak peek...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...70848454.50579.191204617580366&type=1&theater

ahhh hahaha i thought you were talking about some sort of response sacrifice with the equal length vs a short manifold or something...

:D

im going to be running cantilever rear suspension that will be beside the engine, so there wasnt room to mount the collectors on the side of the motor anywhere. i therefore put them infront of the motor, ran the two furthest pipes as short as possible (well, almost) and then matched the length of the other two. they're angled inwards and up, toward where the turbo will sit.

should be sweet though, right?