Possible REALLY CHEAP equal length header for 1uz IN a lexus

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

SuperRunner

So I am concerned about sound an performance on my build and spent hours listening to youtube clips on exhausts. There is quite a bit that goes into making exhaust sound a certain way, right down to how thick and what composits are used.

One thing I really wanted was a header, but more to be more picky, an equal length header, and a shorty since I want my power band up a little higher in the RPM scale.

I could build one from scratch, but I would easily be into it $300-$400 and would take quite a bit of time to design.

Not finding really anything available for the UZ motor and specifially for a Lexus/Toyota car I started looking for possible other options.

What I came across is an equal length header from BBK for a Ford Mustang. THey are reasonably priced, and several different equal length models available. I chose the 2V 5.0 version due to they were the cheapest, and the angle of the outlets. The 3v 4.6 might actually be a better fit due to the steering column, but I am unsure.

3 of the the primaries will have to be modified, but it will be pretty easy. Then I might change the outlet flanges, but I haven't decided yet. Both headers will fit within the frame rails, but the drivers side will most definatly interfere. RHD vehicles may actually clear but I really have no idea on that.

Here are some comparison pictures

compare_flange.jpg

headers_top.jpg

headers_side.jpg

What sucks is that for many other vehicles you can get headers for less than $300. These mustang headers are $230. Why don't we have them for our cars for that price.

The collector is too high by about 4" I should have added that to the comparison picture since I have a set of those too.

To move the collector down would require pretty much starting from scratch.

The tundra headers are also NOT equal length where as these are.

Tundra headers are also 1 1/2" tubing vs these are 1 5/8". 1 1/2" is too small for my application, and for a 4.7 tundra are too small as well.

The Tundra collector hits on firewall. Not the vertical part of the firewall, but the 45 degree where the ECU sits, and that is even after cutting the flange off and about 2" of the collector. No way it is even close, at least on the SC400. I would assume that the LS's and GS's would be pretty close to the same.

Didn't really work out well, but the 4.6 headers might work better. I ended up spending a day pretty much reworking both sides. Starting from scratch would have been easier.

headers1.jpg

headers_motor.jpg

I might try to do up a set from scratch after I get this thing drivable. I just started another project. My 87 4runner just blew a head gasket and I happen to have a motor that needs a home. If it doesn't take too long to make a set from scratch, I might consider.

if you do make your own sets mate, i can imaging quite a few folk buying them, as there isnt too many choices, especially if they are not rip off prices like the rest