Manual Conversion (SC400)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Nick, did you weigh your flywheel before you mounted it?

How about some details of your clutch also? That looks like a hydraulic release bearing in one of the photos?

I really wanted to but the opportunity did not let me. When we finally got the flywheel on the engine and i took it back home, i could not get the flywheel back off and i didn't want to have to forcefully persuade it off or go out and get a puller to get it off (i was in a time crunch). From feel, it seemed like it was about 20lbs. There is one other factor though, my transmission was just rebuilt before i put it in, do you think this would matter?

The clutch is a stock replacement type for the supras, i can run any type of clutch that Supra guys run basically.

I can only hope that it is not due to the rebuild and is due to the flywheel having a little more mass. This would be great for all of us!

Lets hope the driveshaft shows up this week

Nope, apparently they were behind last week so they said they would get it done this week. I can't say that i am surprised, thats how things seem to always go with car parts. Ill let you guys know when it arrives (hopefully tomorrow).

I'm very used to this type of thing happening when it comes to cars, but man the weather is deteriorating quickly and I'm getting a little flustered. Talked with them again today, the guy said he was sorry, he needed the measurement again (3rd) time, and it was going to be his first priority. I won't get my hands on it until next week because i leave Thursday to go to Georgia for the weekend, and unless they finish it tomorrow, ship it, and it gets here in one day, i will get my hands on it next week. My luck it will probably get here friday or saturday.... but i will keep you guys updated, and i promise I'm not trying to pull chains!

~Nick

-Sent you a pm but I will write in this post as well- ;) Help! Mind sharing which rearend are you using? (Supra TT/GS400/SC400?), and will you please share the driveshaft length info I would need to pass on to a fabricator to have the same type of setup made, using the MVP adaptor plate? As well, did the fabricator make the actual end piece which bolts to the V160 trans. or did you have to purchase a Supra TT driveshaft part?

Thanks alot*

Also wondering if I might be able to pick up an extra cnc trans plate that will bolt up whenever you make one for yourself? ;)

-Sent you a pm but I will write in this post as well- ;) Help! Mind sharing which rearend are you using? (Supra TT/GS400/SC400?), and will you please share the driveshaft length info I would need to pass on to a fabricator to have the same type of setup made, using the MVP adaptor plate? As well, did the fabricator make the actual end piece which bolts to the V160 trans. or did you have to purchase a Supra TT driveshaft part?

Thanks alot*

Also wondering if I might be able to pick up an extra cnc trans plate that will bolt up whenever you make one for yourself? ;)

Hey BlackSC-F,

Right now i am using a JDM Supra TT rear end. When i ordered the driveshaft i told him 131.5cm and it has a slip joint in it to accommodate any error in my measurement. The driveshaft came with two adaptors, one for the tranny and one for the diff. As far as the end pieces go, it looks like they were ordered new and not milled by that shop. As far as the tranny mount goes, im using my stock one put on backwards (doesnt work well) until i can get my hands on an automatic supra one or possibly an auto SC300 one.

Oh, and btw, my driveshaft got in!!!! and i drove the car around a little bit :)
Here is the shaft
n1308120166_30175875_3707.jpg

I have some pictures of it installed but they are on my buddy's camera so ill get those tomorrow. Anyway, she runs GREAT! well the drivetrain that is. For some reason my battery is now dead (worked fine about a week ago) and i somehow managed to rupture a SS brake line. I dont know how, but i did. Also, i think the chatter is now apparent, i guess it needed to get broken in a little to hear since the tranny had a new rebuild on it. Anyway, i am very tired so im going to hit the hey, ill post up again tomorrow.

Just want to extend my gratitude again towards everyone here, thanks guys

~Nick

Congratulations Nick! We're all keen to hear your driving impressions.

Like Scott, I'm particularly interested in your clutch & flywheel combo.

That DS looks SWEET! Damn. Did the DS Shop tell you the specific way to get the measurement that they needed to make the correct length? Or it's just common knowledge? Thanks* Oh, 'IF' you don't mind, what price point is that sort of custom Ds through The Driveshaft Shop?

Attachments

• t4.jpg
    t4.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 13
  • t7.jpg
    t7.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 9
  • t6.jpg
    t6.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 9
  • t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 13
  • t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 11
hey guys, been trying to fix a couple problems with the car over the weekend and keep school in check. Right now i dont have an exhaust, so the vibrations actually loosened the bolts holding on my new driveshaft..... disaster was barely avoided. But, back to some results.

First off, the clutch is still being broken in so its a little chattery but its smoothing out. With that said, it drives GREAT and its so much fun! This car really came alive with all of the drivetrain mods and the rear comes loose so easy now. My pedal is stock feeling, the clutch grabs great, and it is very fun and easy to drive. I have no numbers as far as track goes or dyno because im waiting for the clutch to break in, waiting for an exhaust system, and im still learning how to drive :). It turned out while my friend and i were cruising on saturday night, we ran into a beautiful 97 RSP SC400 that had a 2jz single turbo swap. I got a chance to hear his tranny chatter, and mine sounds like nothing compared to his. I dont know if mine will get louder over time, but right now its not that loud at all. We actually talked a little about you Scott, i believe you know him. He said you came down here (tulsa) to buy a bunch of interior parts and whatnot off him. What a small world?

BLACKSC-F
They just told me to measure from flange to flange, and it was through the Driveshaftshop.com. I got a little of a deal through my connection in St. Louis but i paid 850 for it and it came with everything to bolt it up. Their Supra aluminum shaft is rated for 1000+ HP so i think the one i got should be up to your needs BLACKSC-F. I gave them a measurement of 131.5cm.

I am pretty confident in the flywheel now, but would you guys rather me give the contact information out now, or wait until i test it a little more?

I will post some pictures up in a little when i get back to my room, then it is back to mechanisms and other fun classes!

It turned out while my friend and i were cruising on saturday night, we ran into a beautiful 97 RSP SC400 that had a 2jz single turbo swap. I got a chance to hear his tranny chatter, and mine sounds like nothing compared to his. I dont know if mine will get louder over time, but right now its not that loud at all. We actually talked a little about you Scott, i believe you know him. He said you came down here (tulsa) to buy a bunch of interior parts and whatnot off him. What a small world?

I am pretty confident in the flywheel now, but would you guys rather me give the contact information out now, or wait until i test it a little more?

You must have ran into Tres, He is a great guy. Is he living in Missouri Now?

On the flywheel I really would like more info on it like Cost, and who made it, What all clutches will it accept?

You must have ran into Tres, He is a great guy. Is he living in Missouri Now?

On the flywheel I really would like more info on it like Cost, and who made it, What all clutches will it accept?

Yeah, that was him. He is still living here in tulsa, it might be confusing because while i am from st. louis, i go to the university of tulsa. So hopefully ill see him around more often, although he says he won't take it to the track and will only race on the highway.... which is somewhat disappointing

As far as the flywheel, it cost me $1000, but now the R&R is done and they can machine one with the code they now have. Also, we might be able to get a GB going on if enough people want one. As far as what clutches it will accept, I'm pretty sure it anything a supra flywheel can. Its basically a supra flywheel made for our engine which is the beautiful part. I can try and have the guys at the shop sign on here and maybe through a few words in?

xirforever, I'm too as an scotturnot, want to get all info about this flywheel.
just today surfing the web in finding solution to uz+getrag have found this great thread

I'm from Russian Federation and planning to swap uz+getrag into my is200.
UZ's engines are really cheap here, even comparing to 1JZ, and no problem to fing getrag box for reasonable price with clutch included.

So I'm undoubtedly preffer solution to use any clutch what can be fitted to stock turbo JZA80 supra.

Here are some pictures of the shaft:

n1308120166_30176353_2821.jpg

n1308120166_30176354_3138.jpg

I am going to try and take a video with my digital camera and put it on youtube or video google soon, but if i wanted to share an HD video with you guys, how would i do that? Can anybody help with that? HD videos are pretty big

awesome, thanks Barry. Okay so i signed up and checked out the upload section and it says that it supports these files:

Acceptable video formats:

asf, asx, avi, divx, dv, dvx, m4v, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpg, qt, wmv, 3g2, 3gp, 3ivx and 3vx. For best results, try to encode videos using the settings described here.

The problem is that the format the Cannon HD camera is in is AVCHD. I guess im going to have to figure out how to convert AVCHD to an acceptable format without having to pay for a program.

Side note: I drove my friends 5-speed is300 the other day and wow i love the v160 and that 6 puck clutch with the SS clutch line. It is so precise!