Manual Conversion (SC400)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
ok well here is a really bad video, and not even of me driving! My friend recording didnt get my passes and only got one of my friends' pass. Anyway, as you can tell in the video, the launch was terrible. When i ran, i got an okay launch i guess (still a lot of room for improvement) and i'm still not the quickest shifter... but, i ran a 14.78 at 98MPH. My friend that night in his g35 ran a 14.1 at 98MPH also.

Anyway, here is the video, and she is open header still
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6932132199330913179&hl=en

well this swap has taken most of my car money for the past couple years, but for the engine the only real mod is my cold air intake. Ive done some other little things like electric fans, cleaned up the coolant hoses, and egr deleted. I have a lot more in terms of suspension. But yeah, i need to get an exhaust asap. Although its so funny when you go to a track with the lexus on open headers, everyone gets really confused, lol. One guy told me i was lying when i told him i had the stock V8 in it! haha

If you want to try and get the flywheel i have, you can call (636) 464-1063. Ask for Mark and tell him what you're looking for.

We are going again this saturday night :)

Attachments

• 1UZFE flywheel.JPG
    1UZFE flywheel.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 1UZFE flywheel - pressure plate.JPG
    1UZFE flywheel - pressure plate.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 104
The driveshaft came with two adaptors, one for the tranny and one for the diff. As far as the end pieces go, it looks like they were ordered new and not milled by that shop.

Where could I get some info on those adapters? I need a couple for my project--and if somebody already has the measurements it would save me some headache and possibly some money too.

Thanks,

Mark

not sure man, your going to have to call thedriveshaftshop up and see what they have to say.

looking forward to winter break, maybe i will finally have some time to go over the wiring.... Right now i put together a little bit of the exhuast, sounds great so far.

One note, i was having really bad wheel hop and i read that solid diff mounts would make a difference. So i bought a thick rod of Delrin, and machined myself some bushings for the diff "ears". wow, this was worth the time and effort, the car really likes to take launches and hard shifts a lot better now. If anybody is interested in the dimensions i used so they can make their own, id be more than happy to give them out.

Xir,

Dang, I wish you would have made a couple machined sets!
Any way you would be willing to do just that?

Btw, I picked up the lightened crank pulley (the other you had made) Was hoping you knew the proper belt size to go with it(??Hopefully??)

Thanks! Have a good one!

not sure man, your going to have to call thedriveshaftshop up and see what they have to say.

looking forward to winter break, maybe i will finally have some time to go over the wiring.... Right now i put together a little bit of the exhuast, sounds great so far.

One note, i was having really bad wheel hop and i read that solid diff mounts would make a difference. So i bought a thick rod of Delrin, and machined myself some bushings for the diff "ears". wow, this was worth the time and effort, the car really likes to take launches and hard shifts a lot better now. If anybody is interested in the dimensions i used so they can make their own, id be more than happy to give them out.

I Know the Supra 6 speed subframe has much harder rubber than my stock SC400 thus I am not seeing the wheel hop. I still would be interested in the dimensions you used for the bushings. I don't know if the Diff ear bushings are harder or not between the 6 speed diff and the SC400.

Xir,

Dang, I wish you would have made a couple machined sets!
Any way you would be willing to do just that?

Btw, I picked up the lightened crank pulley (the other you had made) Was hoping you knew the proper belt size to go with it(??Hopefully??)

Thanks! Have a good one!

Small world! Never thought id hear of that pulley again. To answer your question however, i don't remember at all what size it was, and right now im back at school so i dont have any of my old belts to look at. sorry man!

I Know the Supra 6 speed subframe has much harder rubber than my stock SC400 thus I am not seeing the wheel hop. I still would be interested in the dimensions you used for the bushings. I don't know if the Diff ear bushings are harder or not between the 6 speed diff and the SC400.

yeah im thinking of making my own subframe bushings as well over winter break, that rear assembly needs some beefing up. I can tell you that the 6 speed diff i have had pretty darn soft bushing material in it. Get yourself a rod of delrin and machine some of these bushings off for yourself, they worked great! Id be more than happy to give you the dimensions used. My computer where i live doesn't have solidworks so i can't open up the file here, so i can either email you the files, or later today or tomorrow i can take a screenshot and post it as a picture. Let me know what you would prefer.

i can't wait for winter break.... i need to finnish so much up on my car. I still have no reverse lights either! lol

n1308120166_30181254_899.jpg

I am not sure if I can dump a solid works file in to ACad or inventor? I know a DXF would be easy to import. Do you think Delrin is the best or would a black nylon possibly be better? Delrin I guess still is soft but it tends to smash out and it has a memory. Any thoughts?

I am not sure if I can dump a solid works file in to ACad or inventor? I know a DXF would be easy to import. Do you think Delrin is the best or would a black nylon possibly be better? Delrin I guess still is soft but it tends to smash out and it has a memory. Any thoughts?

If you have solidworks you could open it up, find the dimensions and redraw it in autocad, but that's all i got. If you don't have solidworks i guess ill just post up a screenshot with the dimensions on it tomorrow. I would think delrin and nylon would be very close in comparison, delrin does not exactly smash out or have memory, its very hard, and is used in industry as a metal substitute. However, nylon is just as hard as delrin (if you buy extruded nylon 66) but the modulus varies more with nylon, can be higher or lower than delrin. But realistically, considering how soft the rubber originally used is i serious doubt there will be any issues with deforming that tough plastic.

If you have solidworks you could open it up, find the dimensions and redraw it in autocad, but that's all i got. If you don't have solidworks i guess ill just post up a screenshot with the dimensions on it tomorrow. I would think delrin and nylon would be very close in comparison, delrin does not exactly smash out or have memory, its very hard, and is used in industry as a metal substitute. However, nylon is just as hard as delrin (if you buy extruded nylon 66) but the modulus varies more with nylon, can be higher or lower than delrin. But realistically, considering how soft the rubber originally used is i serious doubt there will be any issues with deforming that tough plastic.

I have a solid works viewer, that should work.

So here are the pictures of the bushings, drill bit size is a 21/32". I tried to figure out how to change the color of the dimension lines but i couldn't figure out how, anybody know? I spent like 20 minutes messing around with it... I apologize, the numbers are not easy to read (And they are in standard units).

n1308120166_30181973_4798.jpg

n1308120166_30181974_5052.jpg

n1308120166_30181975_5302.jpg

Hope that helps scott

They help a lot, Thanks! I just have not had time to make a set yet. I notice they also sell these in aluminum, they talk like this upgrade can prevent you from breaking the rear diff. I know wheel hop is destructive as heck.

They help a lot, Thanks! I just have not had time to make a set yet. I notice they also sell these in aluminum, they talk like this upgrade can prevent you from breaking the rear diff. I know wheel hop is destructive as heck.

post up when you do! It definitely helped with my wheel hop, its a great mod