SC400 Manual Conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

BARRY

ok, quick question. I was about getting ready to install my pedal assembly, and i came into an issue.

The brake booster on the SC400 looks huge. do i need to change this out to a SC300 unit? are the automatic and manual SC300 brake boosters the same size?

can i reuse my brake master cyl?

Curious.... What does the brake booster have to do with the manual conversion project in the same car? Is it a fitment issue that is the problem? I would think one is totally seperate from the other... Am I right in assuming this?

becouse the break booster goes right next to the clutch master cyl, and often times in cars with an automatic the break booster is larger to compensate for the load the engine is putting on the breaks wile stoped wile in gear, such as wile at a light. even more of a possability of a interferance issue is with a car that was never ment to be manual in the first place so the desingers at toyota where free to use that area if needed. its quite possable that he will need to change the booster to fit the clutch master cyl.

Please note i have never done this swap, if there turns out to not be an issuse im only commenting on what could be the an issue, and i did use key words such as "often times" and "quite possable" just putting that out there for the potental forum e-expert that wants to call me wrong.

Thanks Jakester..... I know what the brake booster does and what it is, and I know the size of it as I thought it was a fitment issue when going with a manual clutch conversion...... I would imagine it would be hard to reposition it.. Also go with a smaller unit you probably will lose some braking power... Good luck Barry I hope it turns out ok for you...

Probably more to do with everything being on the wrong side of the car than a domestic market difference.

Edit: But if you're using SC300 gear you shouldn't have a problem (not talking about the Booster, just the pedals and master cylinder etc) You should be able to find the cutouts on the firewall where it all bolts up.

well...there is about a 2inch space from the booster to the side of the firewall.

i am sure i need to change the booster for a smaller unit. it is just really a pain in the ass if i have it. i've already spent 600 in conversion parts and now i need to buy a booster which is discouraging.

i'll try to post pics when i get the chance.

well, from the engine bay side of the firewall i can't see any cutouts. the booster is to large in that it is covering everything. from the dash underside, it looks like i need to relocate a few items and cut some carpet before i can begin any work.

question. did you guys cut the cutouts from the engine side, or from under the dash? as it looks i have no room either way. i will have to drop the brake booster to make room for any tools.

Thats no fun if you have to, just another thing to add to the damn swap now... I hope it will work with the stock one, I am getting tired of spending money on my swap.. It will be worth it in the end though.

Do most people who do the supra TT brakes upgrade the to the supra booster? Somebody should see if the SC400 and 300 boosters are the same size. maybe ill look into that, I have a few days off this week.

Josh

Most people I know of don't go to the effort, although some complain theres a bit more throw in the pedal.

Don't know if the Supra booster is a bolt on upgrade either......to be honest, I don't even know if it is an upgrade

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316384&page=11

Gives you an idea what to expect, although it's dealing with a V160 the ideas the same

He did change the booster, but that's because he upgraded to the Supra TT brakes from memory.

his writeup is on lextreme also, but for some reason the pics that show him cutting the holes like on clublexus are missing. or maybe he just never linked them here.

thanks for that link. i was looking for that for about a month now.