UZZ31 manual conversion, and a few problems.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
My experience,
I have installed the ToyotaV8 kits in a friend's mk3 supra with the oem master cylinder and my 87 toy truck with the oem master cylinder. Both builds were going on at the same time and when the kit was installed in both cars and bled, we were concerned about the soft pedal and zero feedback from the pedal. It felt as though the clutch was not releasing at all. However once the projects were running we found that the kit worked fine. The hydraulic throwout bearing must inherently feel different from the old fork lever action units.
Our pedal feel did slightly build in stiffness over time and I contribute that incomplete bleeding but all is good now. We have put a few thousand hard miles on these kits.

Cheers for the feedback and info guys.

I did the bench test today and we got pressure behind the slave and it was able to push up under hydraulic pressure so the slave and the system are all good!

The only problem i can see if being now is the pedal itself i bought from toyota. Its hard to explain but i built it using the toyota expanded drawing and never felt comfortable with the pedal being able to 'snap' back and forwards so easily.

When put in the car on the orginal toyota mounting points it did the same thing, basically the pedal spring feels like it travels over centre and gets past a point it cant return so springs towards the bulkhead instead of returning.

Seems like this may be the problem to adress and with regards to others having light clutch pedals it seems to point in this direction too!

Hi guys, been a while ao thought id update you all. The clutch is now bled, the pedal feels good with adequate pressure and all seems well.

Only problem iv got is now the engine has no spark. We have power going to the coils but nothing to the plugs!

Tried a couple of things but nothings worked.

So a question i have to you guys is when you bridged the NSS does the dashboard still display P? I bridged it a while back and made sure everything started and ran but now the dashboard displays no shift position, wondered if this would make a difference!

Cheers

Alright guys, long time no speak.

I finally got the car started, turned out to be the NSS not making contact. But i have a problem. I drove the car for the first time and the clutch will only engage right at the bottom of pedal travel. Anything else and its as if im trying to shift without my foot on the clutch.

Have i missed something? Was i supposed to put the throw out bearing in between the concentric slave and the pressure plate? Is there still air in the system possibly? I cant adjust the pedal any more to allow more travel as its maxed out so any suggestions would be awesome!

Free play between throwout bearing a pressue plate

Dude I can't believe you are having so much trouble with this.

What I'm about to ask is a difficult thing to do cos you can't see inside the bellhousing to see or measure. Its usually measured before you put the box on the back of the engine. but! Have you checked the free play clearance between the throwout bearing and the pressure plate fingers?
With the clutch pedal up there should be about 1 - 2mm free play between them. If you have too much play then the throwout bearing will not push on the fingers enough for the clutch plate/s to disengage / seperate. If you have the throwout bearing applying force on the fingers (ie no clearance) then the clutch may not fully clamp the clutch plate. ie. it could slip. The clearance is required to allow for plate wear. As the clutch plate wears down the pressure plate fingers get closer to the throwout bearing. Hope this helps. :)

Alright guys, long time no speak.

I finally got the car started, turned out to be the NSS not making contact. But i have a problem. I drove the car for the first time and the clutch will only engage right at the bottom of pedal travel. Anything else and its as if im trying to shift without my foot on the clutch.

Have i missed something? Was i supposed to put the throw out bearing in between the concentric slave and the pressure plate? Is there still air in the system possibly? I cant adjust the pedal any more to allow more travel as its maxed out so any suggestions would be awesome!

Neither can i chap and im not exactly a novice. It just seems that everything small to go wrong has. I did take that into consideration and measured that with my vernier when i was having trouble bleeding the clutch and had the gearbox off again. But i though the bracket to hold the slave accounted for the clearence so i didnt have to shim it.

Ill be adjusting the clutch pedal later this week just to rule all that out but i just thought id ask before i started.