Jza80 Supra, 1uzfe, Vortech supercharger, fish bracket,

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

H7ERO

Finally iv got some time to post up on here, Heres the quick lowdown, the car is a 95 supra, I use mainly for drifting, circuit, and natrually macking a nuicance of my self on the public road Engine is 1uzfe from a second generation Ls400, with some shorty headers (unknown brand) a self made y pipe and ebay 3in exhaust (standard ECU) It has dynoed in this shell at 293bhp, I had the set up in a mk3 drift car for 2 years prior to this shell, and the engine had 195k miles on it when i started the venture 3 years ago so well over 200k now. Drivetrain is a self made adaptor plate, W58 gearbox and standard Torsen LSD The plan now is to Fit a vortech and fish bracket which I was lucky to locate here in the uk, Im not power hungry but its something to do in between driving, The configuration im going for is non intercooled, 6psi, FMU More of a project thread can be found here (at the begining is another link to a previouse thread where I made the adaptor plate) http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showth...-drift-track-fast-road-supra-mk4-manual-jza80

Fitting the Fish bracket, the lower two bolts need a 2mm spacer (as acuratly i could measure with an engineers square and feeler guage) behind them to make it flush, the right side coil needs to be moved to the side of the engine, and one of the distributer wires re routed, or it would eb clamped by the bracket.
2011-09-06105814.jpg
2011-09-06105803.jpg
There was also an inner arch clearance issue . . I hammered it well but the clearance wasnt enough so i had to use the other tool in my box, the grinder . .
2011-09-04125721.jpg

Mounting spacers for the charger, I made up on my lathe, had to get them down to about 86mm in the end
2011-09-17184319.jpg
2011-09-17185014.jpg
With the charger mounted, I had a pack of 0.2mm shims to get it level with stright edge, very hard to measure acuratly, so we will see how the belts fare
2011-09-28140917.jpg

ANY HELP ADVICE AND TIPS APPRECIATED!

also please escuse my posting technique im malcoordinated at english and forums

2011-10-01151050.jpg

oil return drain, made from some sensor already in the sump I wasnt using
2011-10-05132423.jpg

2011-10-05132428.jpg

Its Mounted and spinning now well, oil feed and return sorted, belt aligned and tensioned, and even a filter sorted . . BFI anyone?
2011-09-18172859-1.jpg

Random pic of the car after I cleaned it for the first time since owning it.

Nice effort here...I just cannot help but think that that fish bracket is not going to last.
I sincerely hope I am wrong here..Nice one anyhow..

Out of curiosity, how much boost can the 6-rib belt/pulley combination support?
Is there enough room to play around with moving the supercharger so one could run a cog pulley/belt?

293bhp everyone was surprised including the operator, is a second gen engine with 200k miles on it, not a VVTI
Must be just healthy, it has shorty headers a clear exhaust and air filter.
The fish bracket does flex somewhat, I think il brace it.
Im not sure on the limits of a 6 rib set up vortech make all the wider / toothed pulleys you could require and there is scope to fit them.

It was 293 without the charger fitted. Picked up a Vortech Super FMU today . . A very lucky find in the uk secondhand, It must have been fate! Can anyone shed any light on the Rising Rate ratio to use? It came with a full disc and ring set so I can make it whatever
2011-10-11181321.jpg
2011-10-11180940-Copy.jpg

Also got the flange for the dump valve fitted, and went arround systematically sealing any possible boost leaks, (why doesnt this forum recognise when i start a new line, it makes my posts look all retarded)

Booked for a power run tomorrow wish me luck! And let me know anything to check? Iv got a fuel pressure guage but cant decide weather to fit it . . I shoud to see what it is with the FMU,

Good luck with your dyno session! Since everything on your motor looks pretty original, don't be too surprised if your ignition starts playing up at boost.

It's probably a bit late now, but a new set of distributor caps and wires wouldn't be a bad idea in the near future.

Make sure your fuel is fresh, and get the highest octane you can find in order to have some "headroom" against detonation.

Cheers for the advice guys ,I didnt have time to do anything other than fill up with some 97ron and fit my fuel pressure guage. Im very Happy with the result it seems very healthy for the set up.
2011-10-18141734.jpg
2011-10-18112826.jpg
2011-10-18135324.jpg
2011-10-18135305.jpg
2011-10-18135239.jpg
To clarify : Vortech supercharger (unknown model) Fish bracket, 6 rib belt, Vortech FMU 12 : 1 ratio, shorty headers, 1996 Ls400 engine, EGR removed, supra fuel pump, AC deleted, Blitz dump valve Comments, At top RPM either injectors or AFM max out and there was some risk of detonation, Fuel pressure is 38psi and rises to 60psi on boost, Intake temps are high (most proabably causing the ECT to retard timing), The dump valve visibly cant release the pressure in the intake fast enough, the accordion pipe expands like an accordian!. Its savagely fast and sound like hell just broke loose.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid50.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Ff336%2FH7ERO%2Fsupronthedyno.mp4">

H7ERO, not sure why your vids didn't embed properly, but I edited your last post (to Youtube) and changed it to just a link, and this works.

I think your Photobucket album is tagged as private - that may be the reason it didn't work. I've posted lots of Photobucket stuff in the past without any problems.

Impressive sounding dyno!