Project 1gz v12 jza80

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Good choice on ECU, won't get better in engine control and starting to match Motec for bells and whistles if you need all that data logging capacity.

So how far off from a dummy fit? Keen to see how this beast sits in the bay

months.... 2? 3? i really don't want to bother before i can get a gearbox mated to it.... that alone is a task in itself as i am not capable myself and i have no contacts of anyone that can.... i will put out a call on the toymods forum for help soon though... there are plenty of guys there with skillls and talents that would make this project happen quicker.....

If it was just a matter of money, it wouldn't be so bad, but the fact is that there is a lack of good machinists/fabricators out there....

Before all that, i am taking the engine to SAS for them to have a closer look, since they're going to be the fellas responsible for the wiring and tuning of the sm4 (also cause they're toymods guys, haha).

R-Jay, it just occurred to me that perhaps this motor was designed to be 2 x 1JZ-GE's joined at the crank? Aren't the 1JZ's 2.5 litres? If so, that could simplify your aftermarket parts selection.

I know that my BMW V12 was designed to be 2 x M20's joined at the crank.

I have a mate playing with one so i'll ask him what he is doing for a bellhousing....he's had his for at least a year now so must have made some progress.

V160 or Tremec, i can't recall? If you feel like bringing the lot to Canberra in a trailer my machinist mate who did the hard bits on the GT8 would do a A class job for you.

Recently did all the machine work on a custom twincam head conversion for a Jag V12...one of those super fat historic racers, awesome work.

Drop me a PM if interested

Justen, i will definately drop you a pm if i don't get anywhere with the local guys. Thanks for the advice anyhow.

R-jay,

How much did you pay for that, and where did you find it?

Attachments

• 1UZoilfilter.jpg
    1UZoilfilter.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 285
1gzfe dimentions

Hi i was given this info by Rjay, but its all i have, maybe he can give us more info now, he has had his motor for a while.
""the 1gzfe toyota v12 is 750mm from face of the bell to the front of the accessory belt. 650mm side to side (head to head), and 750 from sump to top of intake"".

Best Regards
Lambo

i'll take a pic of the sump tomorrow.... fairly difficult to modify...

to those having a cry about me not revealing prices, well here it is.... i paid 5k aud for it.... this is nearly half what everyone else pays for them.... plus mine is very very very low k's..... just think of it as i won the lottery, haha...

Anyhow, things haven't progressed much as i have spent the last few months working interstate.... i come home for a week here and there, but never long enough to warrant any work on the engine..... lame excuse, but that's all i have.

I have a mate playing with one so i'll ask him what he is doing for a bellhousing....he's had his for at least a year now so must have made some progress.

V160 or Tremec, i can't recall? If you feel like bringing the lot to Canberra in a trailer my machinist mate who did the hard bits on the GT8 would do a A class job for you.

Recently did all the machine work on a custom twincam head conversion for a Jag V12...one of those super fat historic racers, awesome work.

Drop me a PM if interested

That sounds like John Wilson...If so, I can vouch for his work. That, and the fact that he's VERY well known around the place - so much so that, when I sold my Cressida interstate, the local rego authorities knew who he was and said "If it's engineered by John, we'll be happy with it".

John's car but the work was done by my mate. John engineered the GT8 and it went straight thru ACT rego no probs.....most people can't believe a 400rwkw TTV8 Celica is a legal daily driver :)

Hmm thread hijack :) Nope, not AWD any more just RWD......check out the avatar :) :) Could have done AWD but ALOT more fabrication and believe me there's was plenty enough as it was. Search the forums, heaps of info on my car kicking around on here.

Hijack over :)