Project 1gz v12 jza80

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Sorry to disappoint, but i'll take the n/a as far as reasonably possible (ITB's, cams, ecu...possibly extractors), but then there's a point where FI will be the only way to make more power....

n/a first, then FI down the track sometime next year....

when that engine arrived the courier was like "gimme a hand"

i was like "WTF its ur job to unload **** ur a courier"

then he said its 300kg's

i laughed my ass off called Tan first thing and he was asleep and then was there quicker then my missus could cap my credit card...
LOL i thought he was gonna bring out the tissue boxes and have a bit of a pull

BTW i work with this guy so when u guys are like wow u see the v12 every day.. im like **** should have go the forklift guy to move the engine somewhereelse it gets in my way LOL

now that i look at it front sump... would go into a cressida nicely :D
im a 1j cressida boy soon to be a 1uz cressida boy since now i have seen the light at the end of the toyota displacement line :D

Hi R-Jay,

I've been following excitedly on Toymods - hope your project progresses smoothly. :)

You're going to need two SM4's to drive that beast...

Hi R-jay , Regarding the Computer you will use, take a look at the latest Link available, i got to look at their latest software on a laptop during our last club garage crawl, about 2 weeks ago,i think the software was ver 3.21 or something and it now supports v12 and wasted spark etc, the number of configuration options available in this software was amazing, so i might be worth contacting Link In NZ to see what they say.

Best Regards
Lambo

Hello,

I have been quite interested in doing a similar project for a while now and one problem that I ran into is the fuel rails. What do you intend to do for the fuel rails for this engine, are you going to stick with stock rails, or are you going aftermarket. I personally haven't seen any on the market that would work with this engine; if you happen to find some or know of someone who would be able to put together a custom setup lets us know, who knows, it might actually come in handy if I go forward with this later in 07'. Thanks and good luck with this project.

If you are asking me, I actually am not sure if these engines are available to the Canadian market. I could always try asking the parts department of Toronto's biggest Toyota/Lexus dealer, but I am pertty sure this will not be available as a crate/replacement engine. Either way it is not that much of a problem, if worse comes to worse and I do decide to go through with this I can always use one of my contacts in Japan and have the engine shipped here.

Hi,

I was asking you, I guess you are more fortunate then I with said contacts, as I don't have those :)

I'm still trying to figure out how to ship an engine over here if I buy it through yahoo auctions

If you are asking me, I actually am not sure if these engines are available to the Canadian market. I could always try asking the parts department of Toronto's biggest Toyota/Lexus dealer, but I am pertty sure this will not be available as a crate/replacement engine. Either way it is not that much of a problem, if worse comes to worse and I do decide to go through with this I can always use one of my contacts in Japan and have the engine shipped here.

Hi,

Thanks for the response ... I have a rinkya account, but they said they won't ship engines and I will get hefty monetary penalties doing this ... do you know of something different?

Regarding the computers... I have one of the latest Link computers going into my 1UZ JZA80, I would SERIOUSLY recommend you try www.NZEFI.com (in Christchurch), for your Link computer, they are currently installing one of the new G3 Link computers in a 12 clyinder Jag, really really know their stuff...

Hello,

I have been quite interested in doing a similar project for a while now and one problem that I ran into is the fuel rails. What do you intend to do for the fuel rails for this engine, are you going to stick with stock rails, or are you going aftermarket. I personally haven't seen any on the market that would work with this engine; if you happen to find some or know of someone who would be able to put together a custom setup lets us know, who knows, it might actually come in handy if I go forward with this later in 07'. Thanks and good luck with this project.

run two six cylinder ones, with separate fuel pumps?

Attachments

• DSC06561reduced.jpg
    DSC06561reduced.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 62
mmm.. twin fuel pumps sounds better ;) but yeah... either way... get the 2j rails?

Attachments

• Clutch-011.jpg
    Clutch-011.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Brake-012.jpg
    Brake-012.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 31
guys, i've been away for 6 weeks doing work on the other side of the country (Darwin), and have had not touched the engine in that time, obviously.... I have however, just landed back home in Sydney, and will probably start dismantling it tomorrow....

I have also sat down with my tuner and decided on an sm4 (just 1) as it is more than capable of handling the setup i intend to run...

Not much more for now, but i will take some pictures of the engine once naked.