Project 1gz v12 jza80

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

R-Jay

Announced not too long ago that i will no longer be using the 1uz engine in my supra. I've just bought a toyota 1gzfe v12 engine from yahoo auctions and this will be my new powerplant. Has 30,000km on the clock and is costing a tiny 4.5k aud shipped from japan.

Details:
ecu will be motec m800
transmission will be tko600 with custom bell/adaptor
custom extractors and exhaust...

That's my main priorities to get it running asap. From there the sky is the limit.

Pics will be taken and posted as soon as the engine lands (eta a month).

Tan.

when i get to that stage, it'll all have to be custom one off (or is it 12 off hehe).

First thing would probably be to get it to breathe/rev better as redline is a lazy 6.5k rpm i think. The extractors, exhaust, and possibly reground cams should take care of said issue. Down the track, probably go custom intake (ITBs would be kickarse, but probably not likely) and possibly a pair of turbo's. That would require some decompression, so plenty of dollars at that stage. For now i'd be happy with it running and actually finding out the real power this thing puts out, not the 206kw lie toyota claims, hehe.

started life as an n/a... underwent a few changes forward and back with FI, but now sits engineless.

SWEET!!! a V12 Supra. it doesnt get any better than that. i have to keep tabs on this.

Attachments

• HPIM0279.JPG
    HPIM0279.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 4
  • HPIM0274.JPG
    HPIM0274.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 3
  • HPIM0275.JPG
    HPIM0275.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 1
don't hold your breath, this will be a long build.... engine wont even arrive for a couple of months. From there, it's a hurdle just to get it running let alone all the mods to get it in the car..... Will write a very in depth article though and plenty of pics dont you worry, hehe.

Attachments

• HPIM0217.JPG
    HPIM0217.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 43
  • HPIM0273.JPG
    HPIM0273.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 31
Announced not too long ago that i will no longer be using the 1uz engine in my supra. I've just bought a toyota 1gzfe v12 engine from yahoo auctions and this will be my new powerplant. Has 30,000km on the clock and is costing a tiny 4.5k aud shipped from japan.

Details:
ecu will be motec m800
transmission will be tko600 with custom bell/adaptor
custom extractors and exhaust...

That's my main priorities to get it running asap. From there the sky is the limit.

Pics will be taken and posted as soon as the engine lands (eta a month).

Tan.

Thats super sweet. envy...envy. .... If only I have such money.... I would do that....

I was told before engine mount is the most important thing for engine transplant. As such, make sure you spend good effort on it. Hope this help.

Below is a car for V12 engine also. Hopes it does help as its the same concept.
Here http://img.photobucket.com/alb...1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/alb...6.jpg

Can't wait to see your complete project.

Regards
Derrick

Who cares about the power - just think of the sound. It will sound very awesome. I think this would be a perfect motor for a Hilux ute for an open road cruiser. Good luck with the project. Cheers

Thanks guys. I'm still waiting for the engine to arrive from japan. Should be another 7 weeks or so before i even get it.

Guys

Truly awesome motor, anybody have the std cam specs i.e:lift, LSA, set points.

am looking to use this baby in TT trim in a Ferrari F355 replica.Still need to do the homework though, any ideas?

Madcow

i don't think anyone has actually ever cracked a 1gz open to find out. They're that rare.... plus there isn't any info floating around either. All we know is that it's kickarse and extremely over engineered. I'll be posting everything i find out about mine when i start playing with it.