6-speed Getrag need 6-speed rear-end?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rdm20fan

Hey guys, I have a Getrag 6-speed on my SC400 I still have the stock rear-end with the stock 3.96:1 gear. I did upgrade to the auto TT supra torsen Diff.
I keep hearing that I should put in the TT 6-speed rear-end as I'm going to break the stock unit.
I did break the stock carrier, but have replaced it with the TT auto torsen unit.
Has anyone had any experience breaking that?
I'm trying to get an idea of what to expect. Should I just sell the stock unit with the torsen, and bight the bullet and get the 6-speed rear, or am I alright with the torsen.
I like having the 3.96 gear vs the 3.19 in the 6-speed.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Bob

Bob, years ago when I was thinking to put the supercharged 1UZ in my A/T Supra I nearly had myself convinced to try the A/T rear with the torsen as you are. I wasn't going to be launching the car hard, or racing it, or running crazy levels of boost, so I figured I'd be OK.

But I wound up selling that A/T car to my son and still haven't put the 1UZ in anything!

One thing that kills these rear ends quicker than anything else is wheel hop - I think if you can keep that to a minimum, plus not launch the car too hard, and keep the power down, you should be OK. But if you're building a drag car or stoplight to stoplight racer, I think you'll need the big 6spd rear end.

I'm thinking the same thing Cribbj. I was talking with Chris about making mounts out of hard polyurethane, or aluminum to help stop the wheel hop. Don't know If I'm just postponing it, and should go to the 6-speed. I'm not really looking for a drag car. Much more of a street car, but I am looking at putting high teen-20ish PSI to the motor.