Cheaper Getrag 5 speed conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jim G

Hi, I am new to this forum, and have been looking at the possiblity of putting a 5 speed manual transmission behind a 1UZ I am putting into a JAG

Looking on here I am totally confused as to the best route, The W58 seems impossible to get here in UK and EXPENSIVE plus the adaptors are expensive, I am on a budget, is it not possible to put a Getrag from a BMW (cheap here in UK) behind that engine ? Dont need a 6 speed , too expensive.

If not what is the CHEAPEST and simplest route to a manual transmission on my standard 1UZ ? I have some workshop facilities ( small lathe and milling machine)

Jim

Is the 240sx available there? Or the 300ZX Z32? Both of those have affordable transmissions and can def hold the power of a 1uz.

Cheaper gearbox availability

Hi, No unfortunately there is not even one on ebay ! I think the drifting boys would be snapping them up anyway. The cheapest higher power 'gearbox seems to be the BMW 260 (getrag) off the 1980's big BMW or the 325i ?

Jim,

What is your budget? Have any friends that work at a machine shop? Isn't the Toyota Supra R154 available there? Make some rough measurements of where the shifter hole is on the Jag. You may want to search for a transmission that puts the shifter as close as possible to that hole. That will help keep costs down. But even that I would be surprised if you could do a solid conversion for less that 1000.00 less the transmission.

Jake