1UZFE to Getrag 262 5-speed (adapter plate)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

autronic

Another adapter plate for the UZFE engine, this time to a Getrag 262 from an old BMW 3.0 ( early 80's ).
This gearbox will go into a Ford Capri as the transmission tunnel is tiny and I don't have time to fab a new
tunnel, hence a smaller physical size, but still strong, gearbox.

There is two watercut 15 mm aluminium plates + some work in a lathe, total time to make them was about
2 hours.
It's meant for a concentric clutch slave cylinder as the standard BMW clutch arm would need 2 big cutouts
in the bellhousing and I'd prefeer not doing that is it weakens the bellhousing.

Sorry about the picture quality, it's my phone again.

I have Autocad and SolidWork drawings of both plates, yell if any of you want 'em.

Good idea David, but wouldn't it be great if someone could incorporate all the "lessons learned" from the various adaptor plates, and cast a new bellhousing for the 1UZ to the Supra Getrag?

Man, I'd buy one in a flash if the cost could be kept comparable to, say, Castlemaine's existing bellhousings.

Lextreme:

The problem with the Supra Getrag 6 speed is it's incorporated bellhousing. That makes it difficult to get
the alignment of the gearbox spot on, I have tried with an european Ford MT75 and I was not happy
with the result.
The best solution to fitting a 6 speed behind the 1UZFE is the Tremec T56 as it does not have a incorporated
bellhousing, you can use the auto bellhousing from the 1UZFE and an adapter plate to fit the box.

I have started a tread about this earlier, I will continue with it now, I had to put it on the backburner
because of this Getrag adapter.

I have also managed to locate a R154 gearbox locally here in Bergen, I'll talk to the owner and see
if I can borrow it and see if I can come up with an adapter.

The bellhousing does actually come off the Getrag. Not as easily as the others, but it is removable. I happen to have one up in my attic (don't ask - I'm just a packrat for Supra parts and have bits stashed everywhere)