6 speed Getrag swap into a supercharged 97 SC400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Here is the latest problem, if I throw second gear hard and fast my car sometimes throws the belt.
Two things are causing this,
1. The supercharger puts extra work on the belt, you can see the tensioner pivot when you rev it.
2. The six speed manual transmission puts a lot of backlash/tension in the belt when shifter under hard acceleration.

If you intend to do a manual swap or supercharger or both, I would do this mod.

The credit for this idea goes to KC95SC400 he came up with it on his supercharger install. THANKS KC!
Here is my version of it.
DSCF1493.jpg
Spare Mock up motor for referance.
DSCF1494.jpg
DSCF1496.jpg
Installed on my car.
DSCF1497.jpg
DSCF1498.jpg
DSCF1499.jpg
DSCF1500.jpg

Yeah great invention. Looks like a tensioner for a tensioner.... I might end up using this idea as my centrifugal likes to throw the belt on sudden deceleration at high rpm (4.5-6k) around 4k isnt so bad, just the occasional chirp but at redline you can clearly hear the slippage. I have a VERY tight belt already, so tight infact that with the tensioner at full droop I need to put my foot on the wrench to hold her open and use both hands to slide the belt over the top idler.... and still get some slip.

your right scott, I can see my tensioner move under load and I personally dont like it. Since my belt is a perfect fit at 113 3/4'' (longest belt napa offers) it still allows for some play... which is normal but wouldn't it be more "sound" if there was no play? the only play left in the belt is moved under revving and the tensioner still cant hold still.

Hey guys, Dont know if anyone is following my footsteps on the Getrag install but I laser cut and formed a new transmission cross member from 3/8" steel. It adds some slots for adjustment as well. As long as I was doing it I made up a couple extra. Let me know if you are interested.

Attachments

• P0002008.JPG
    P0002008.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 88
  • P0002011.JPG
    P0002011.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 89
  • P0002019.JPG
    P0002019.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 87
  • P0002025.JPG
    P0002025.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 86
I made my own from Home depot.... $2.50 for an L bracket (had an interesting weld in it's corner for strength...just tapped and installed. Took about 10min and made a huge diff for mine. I had a few high rpm drops that absolutely shredded belts. I believe the fish takes the longest belt of them all. I need a 115'' belt and it's the longest one Napa sells. notice all the rubber shavings in the background lol.

DSCF7430.jpg