Getrag 6 Speed to 1uz.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ozvenom

Hi guys its been a while since i posted on here but work comes first.
I just wanted to let you know that have fitted a supra 6 speed to my 1uz have used it for about 8 months and has been great shifts fast and easy.
I did have to upgrade the clutch to a ceramic button type because of slippage to much torque.
It was fitted using an adaptor plate and converting to a push type clutch .

I have just removed it from the cobra as i am selling it and had to detune the cobra to try and find a buyer. so its back to n/a motor and a supra 5 speed w58.
So any one want to fit a 6 speed behind there 1uz project let me know.
it comes with all the bits to fit it up and even a drive shaft to fit a 90" wheel base cobra.
Regards oz

can i ask what thickness your adaptor plate is? and would you be willing to sell seperately? if so, how much for the plate, and how much for the gearbox and other associated bits?

thanks.

Hi, I'm totally new here(my very first post! haha) I'm really glad to see someone else has already done my idea of a 6spd in an V8! I was worried I would be the first one...and I can't afford to be the first one at something that major! LOL I was thinking about the Supra TT tranny in it with an adaptor plate. Did you have to have that custom made from a CNC machine or what? If you have free time can you go into detail as to what exactly you had done/did yourself to do this swap? What parts did you need? Thanks in advance!

plate adaptor.

I made the adaptor my self from some 5/8" alloy plate which involed cutting it to shape and drilling it to fit the back of the 1uz once that was done i made some countersunk bolts Cant buy Them in Australia they are m12x1.25 and m10 x 1.25. you also use 1 hole right thru from the box to engine. once the plate is fitted to the engine i used a spare block and crank ass i fitted a spigot bearing to the crank and stood it on its end . then sat the box on top the spigot bear alighned it all the box is tillted to the left slightly so the 1 bolt hole lines up . the one to the left of the startor . then i spoted thru all the bolt holes and then drilled it.
Also the gear box has to have some metal removed so that the startor can engage. i also converted the clutch to a push type and fabricated a mount for the slave cylinder.
Thats how it did it i may have left some bits out that i did but i cant remember it all as i did it over a year ago.
The bolts i used were imperial bolts and then re cut a metric thread on to them.
Being hi tensile this was rather difficult and took a lot of time. thay are about 25mm long .
I hope this helps ,I am a machinist by trade so it was fairly easy for me .
Regards oz.

What else do you have done to your car performance wise? I'm wondering if this will improve performance more. I have always said that with a manual tranny my launches would be WAY better. I'm curious to see a dyno and 1/4 mile before and after the swap. What kind of power to the wheels do you think this would provide since the parasitic drivetrain loss from a manual is generally less than with an auto?

I just spoke to Geoff from Dellow Automotive today, and he is interested in making adaptor plates for the v160 6 speed boxes. I offered to loan him my gearbox for measurements (hoping the first one he makes is to mate it to the 1uz, hehe)...

so the way it looks, i might be going in to drop off the gearbox next week... i think this is great news for mk4 guys and everyone else who was hoping to use the 6spd box.