1uz-fe single turbo.. did it work?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
the stock injectors can take 12psi?? from my understanding I thought it was 7psi max on the stockers.

No they cant take 12psi, I changed out my stock injectors way before that.

When I said upgrade the fuel system I meant the fuel pump and fpr.

cool i already have the 255lph walbro. but i was under the impression that when you use a piggy back you will not need a FPR. guess i was wrong.

You may be able to get away with out one but the problem I had was that smaller injectors were fine under no boost or low boost, (about 12psi or less) but when I was under high rpm and high boost I would run lean and could not dial in anymore fuel. I could have gone to larger injectors and that would have worked okay under wot and max boost however I would have been to rich under low rpm and low boost situations. The solution was to use a FPR that raised fuel pressure as boost increased. That way I could use injectors that were small enough for no boost and low boost times. But with the increasing fuel pressure under boost the injectors get enough fuel under wot.

Remember my engine is built with low compression pistons and 17-20 psi on these engines is more than most people will do. If you are going to run a stock engine and under 12 psi, my experience says that you will be fine with 310-370cc injector and no fpr.

YMMV

I think i might do a single.. due to space and me running low psi. I decided not to use any piggy back but instead the cartech FMU at 7 psi. morris did you think about making a replacement (custom) bar to replace the one you removed ? and did you ever have any problems with ground clearance? I was looking at my setup and it doesn't look too bad i would just have to be careful when i got to a car wash (which i hardly ever go to).

I have oftent thought about having a replacement bar made, but I havent for a couple of reasons. 1. it is beyond my personal abillity, 2. I havent really noticed and loss of handling. I would love to do it some time but it really isnt that high of a priority for me I guess.

I havent had any clearance problems, I am lowered on coilovers about 1 finger, maybe 2. If you really were concerend about clearance I guess you could crush the pipes a bit to get more clearance.

Thanks, Morris. I think the SAFC is tuned along the RPM curve, which means it's tuned along with the boost as well. More RPM, more boost. So if I tune it at Stochoemetric point at cruising & idle, then I should be ok. I'll look into the SAFC as you said.

For the removal of the swaybar, you're still the winner. I'm also thinking about flatting the dual 2" downpipes to 1" so they'll fit along the swaybar & give better ground clearance. The hard part is flattening them at the angles without crushing them. Or I'll just run 2 dual 1.5" pipes as planned.

While I advocate small diameter pipes for exhaust the exception would be turbine outlet pipes. I don't think dual 1.5 pipe will support your power well. There are options including oval and clearance pipe. Here are some choices from Dr. Gas:

http://www.drgas.com/store/product.php?productid=3&cat=8&page=1

product.php

http://www.drgas.com/store/product.php?productid=31&cat=8&page=1

rto.gif

http://www.drgas.com/store/product.php?productid=32&cat=8&page=1

http://www.drgas.com/store/product.php?productid=30&cat=8&page=1

I actually mean 2 duals which are four 1.5" for the downpipe. The total internal volumn is slightly larger than a single 3". The 3" pipe had to be enlarged to fit four 1.5" to make a merge colletor. But anyway, I changed this because of too much piping. I'll flatten the 2" pipes to 1" x 3" by myself, including the angles. I just learned how to do it. It seems simple, but I haven't actually tried. This way, I'll run two 2" pipes for the downpipe, and they should support more than 500 hp. However, my goal is only from 400-450 hp.

ive started my twin turbo project, this week it looks similar to moris's setup just in a twin turbo form. I was wondering, I am using a HKS BOV and was wondering where most people place them for the best sound.? also I remember seeing a page on lextreme on how to install a afpr and fmu.. does anyone have the link to that page? thanks guys,

While Morris's set up works on his GS400, I doubt it will work on the SC400 due to lack of ground clearance, especially if you have lowered your car at all. One of the things I absolutely did not want to do with my set up was to go under the K member...Pipes would get crushed easily...

Morris, Great job man...I loved that ride in your car that day in Orlando. I will state that I am not an advocate of deleting the sway bar, but if it works for you...fantastic. I did not know you deleted that from your car.

These challenges were why I went with reverse flow headers, and a Y-Pipe from each turbo into a single Down Pipe to fit the plumbing in my SC400. My car is going to be further lowered to about a half finger gap in front and a finger gap clearance in the rear.

Morris, I guess the GS sits up much higher than the SC? I have never looked into it, so I do not know...

Ryan

fgUnjbIrZdp6i7eai+hNG21OY+OVm3Vo0300.jpg
whos setup is this and did it work goood? any opinions on how this setup was made

I have a stock suspension on my car, Ive noticed that ground clearance might be a problem later down the line when i lower the car. After doing some measurements i noticed that using 2.5 inch piping will still give me 3 inches of ground clearance from the bottom of the piping to the floor. If i was to do the oval piping it will greatly make a difference, but will cost a bit more. Living in New York has its downsides one being its F!@#ed up roads. If you really look at it there are many ways to turbo an SC. Some times you have to think outside the box.

NP as you know when you are one of the first you have to go with what you have to work with. At the time there was no other solution that I knew of.

The swaybar is still there, that shot is when we were test fitting the setup prior to grinding and powdercoating.

I did wind up removing the stock lower strut bar, not ideal but then when you dont have other options compromise becomes a neccessity.

I have about a finger and a 1/2 in terms of clearnace and am lowered with tein Flex coilovers.