Single turbo 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
TO4Z....perfect on a mate's 1UZ so wouldn't expect much difference on a lazier but longer stroke cruiser 6. With the tighter exhaust housing it made 1bar by 2500rpm which was actually too responsive for his light car. He swapped in a 1.15 a/r and damn near perfect.

Master power take some beating value for money..
$665 U.S plus $200 delivery to Aussie I would imagine S.A would be the same ??Through www.usps.com
Turbine Wheel Turbine Housing Exducer dia. Inducer dia. Trim A/R Div/Undiv. Discharge Inlet Part Number 64.5mm 74.0mm 76 .50 Undivided 4 Bolt T3 950022-6010
64.5mm 74.0mm 76 .68 Undivided V-Band T4 950022-1137

64.5mm 74.0mm 76 .81 Undivided V-Band T4 950022-1281

64.5mm 74.0mm 76 .96 Undivided V-Band T3 950022-1152

64.5mm 74.0mm 78 .96 Undivided V-Band T4 950022-1217

64.5mm 74.0mm 76 .70 Divided V-Band T3 950022-6105

64.5mm 74.0mm 76 .84 Divided 4 Bolt T3 950022-2104

64.5mm 74.0mm 76 .84 Divided Eurostyle T3 950022-1131

http://www.dynamicturbo.com/products/master-power-turbo.html

I would use the T4 turbine housing so it doesn't choke up top
with divided flange where each bank of cylinders feeds into each side helping spool a little with cylinder pulse...
These are shaft bearing and oil cooled so larger oil feed supply -3 would do it.. Engines this size doesn't really matter if they are ball bearing or full floating shaft type.. If it was a Honda then thats a different story..
Hth.. Graeme

TO4Z....perfect on a mate's 1UZ so wouldn't expect much difference on a lazier but longer stroke cruiser 6. With the tighter exhaust housing it made 1bar by 2500rpm which was actually too responsive for his light car. He swapped in a 1.15 a/r and damn near perfect.

The Cruizer 6 is out, he has fitted the 1UZ-FE already.
Wasn't too impressed with the power difference as the make near the same power.
That is why he has decided to go turbo on the stock 1uz engine.

YEP they vary from $1850 / $2200 Au here new..
Makes the Master Power brand better bang for buck..
This link may help you..
http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=130223.0
Be very wary of e bay turbo's..
They are all Chinese copies..

Another turbo making good numbers on a budget is the Borg Warner
S series.. The S362 /S374 with T4 1.10 A.R ..
They are big but spool very low in rpm, have some boost before actual spool, so it doesn't have Jekyll and Hyde power band...
Ex KKK, Schwitzer, Holset etc European brands combined
I have bought through luis here..
http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=128062.0
Home page..
http://paradiseracing.com/Store/

I would that thought the T04Z would have been on the small side for the 4.0. T51R would be my frame of choice. Basically what I have now but an HKS/Garrett hybrid.

Yep another good one designed first by HKS..
I would assume the T51R is more expensive..
The T51R is very close to GT4502..

A T04Z will get you into low 10's..

How much power and how much money ???

Yeah I got the old TA45S HKS turbo, got one second hand for USD400. I guess you dont really need the new technology ball bearing turbos to make the power, you just need a big ass turbo, a journal bearing old truck turbo like the TA45S means cheap to rebuild, and it still made 500WHP on 16psi on my unopened motor and stock Supra IC.

Attachments

• ferrari1.jpg
    ferrari1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 75
  • ferrari2.jpg
    ferrari2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 73
  • ferrari3.jpg
    ferrari3.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 73
  • ferrari5.jpg
    ferrari5.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 73
  • ferrari6.jpg
    ferrari6.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 73
  • ferrari7.jpg
    ferrari7.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 71
  • ferrari8.jpg
    ferrari8.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 70
Yeah I got the old TA45S HKS turbo, got one second hand for USD400. I guess you dont really need the new technology ball bearing turbos to make the power, you just need a big ass turbo, a journal bearing old truck turbo like the TA45S means cheap to rebuild, and it still made 500WHP on 16psi on my unopened motor and stock Supra IC.

YEP the Master Power and Borg Warner are shaft style also...
It's not like we are running small engines plus once you get into large frame turbo's the inertia seems to bring them about the same..
Large frame are made for high boost being diesel orientated so thrust bearing is well taken care of..
It's just what's available at the time and money available !!
New V's second hand etc...
Good debate guys..

.... I guess you dont really need the new technology ball bearing turbos to make the power, you just need a big ass turbo, a journal bearing old truck turbo like the TA45S means cheap to rebuild, and it still made 500WHP on 16psi on my unopened motor and stock Supra IC.
That's right. I don't see the need for ball bearing turbo if the turbo is matched with power that you use. Turbo sizing is important. If it isn't matched, then a big ball bearing turbo will still create lag.

The vehicle will not be used for drag racing so 1/4 mile times are irrelevant.
Power would be whatever the setup makes on 0.6 bar boost.
This is mainly a daily driver and the occasional 4x4 offroading.

Or would it be easier to go twin turbo for early spool and power ?
If full 0.6 bar boost can be reached between 2000 - 2500 rpm that would be neat.

I use twins on mine but if a $1500 single is too expensive then twins will be outta your reach....fabrication is pretty much x2 everything.

My twin setup makes 8psi by 2500rpm (twin KKK K3Ts which are GT30 equiv). When i had the SC and the TT it made 19psi by 2500rpm with the same turbos !!! :)

I don't know whats available over there.. But any twin turbo off two healthy 2.0 ltr turbo engines Or two singles off up to 3 ltr as in Nissan 300ZXT off the VG30T but be aware of the ceramic turbine wheel can break off. Does NO engine damage but requires a turbo rebuild. They last along time if boost levels have been kept std settings..I had these on a std 5.0 Ford. They have run mid 10's to give you an idea of power made through them..

Mitsi turbo are cheap then there's IHI VF30 / VF10 WRX / Subaru style turbo.. On the small side but will more than do what you want with good internal wastegates..
If buying second hand ?? Check shaft play and in / out wear.. If there is any don't buy!!
It's not necessary the size of turbo [A.R] .. Its the trim that has a big effect also..
The trend in U.S lately is have smaller A.R and run bigger wheel trim..

I use twins on mine but if a $1500 single is too expensive then twins will be outta your reach....fabrication is pretty much x2 everything.

My twin setup makes 8psi by 2500rpm (twin KKK K3Ts which are GT30 equiv). When i had the SC and the TT it made 19psi by 2500rpm with the same turbos !!! :)
Justen,
Did you do any decompression on your current setup? I'm also thinking of installing turbo's on a stock motor. I don't want to boost it hard to make hp.

Nope, stock internals. They are tough and will take 12psi as a streeter forever

Stock compression is 10:1 on the 1uzfe ?
Is 12psi not too high on 10:1 compression ??

How can I tell what model 1uzfe it is ?
This one has an aluminium block.

I like the idea of 2 x 2L turbo's.
Trying to see if I can get KKK16 turbo's off the C20LET Calibra engines.
Will have to get exhaust housing as those ones are part of the manifold.

Well, we will be getting the cruizer back this weekend.
Then I can see what space we have to play with.

This is turning into a very interesting thread !