Single turbo 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

debeerd

Hi,
My Friend has fitted a 4L engine to his cruizer.
Now he plans to run a single turbo.
But after reading a while on the forum there are too many options.
He is planning 6-7 psi boost on the stock engine.
Now we want boost to come in faily quick and keep through the rev range.
What would be a good single turbo for a non-laggy setup ?

I ran a single turbo in a Surf. Heres the link. I use a TD07 which gives 2psi at 1800rpm 4psi at 2000rpm. I presently run 10psi which is nice. It was completely insane at 14psi. Cheers

Working with a large heavy vehicle I would tend to go smaller rather than larger. I like mine but would like more down low power. I know of the same setup in a small car and it works exceptenally well. Mine grunts but lexus motors do tend to reduce their power after 5-5500 rpm so think getting something that comes in really well would be better. Cheers

Correct on the weight, the vehicle weigh around 6000 - 6500 pounds.
That is why I'm looking for something that can start boosting early around 2000rpm and then hold 7psi or 0.6bar boost all the way up.
That is what is making the selection difficult as most turbo's will start spooling around 3000 - 3500 rpm, and that is too late.

I completely agree with you. I have to work to get mine to spool at 1800/2000 rpm. Comes on well with about 6 to 7 psi at 2500rpm with everything in at 3000 rpm. My truck is 1980kgs in standard trim before the lexus. I can drive at 50km/h in second, plant the foot to get some boost on and it lights up the rear wheels. One advantage of my setup is off road it is easy to keep of the turbo and keep traction and I have plenty of tyre spinning power on tap if I need. I find standard n/a cruisers to be slow now. (Bugger) its hard to go down in power.
Cheers

T04Z with .84 A.R spools almost instantly on a 4.0...
I don't know where here is for you ?? Pays to put country or state where you live..
If in N.Z .. http://www.frantik.co.nz/
Are masterpower agents..

South Africa.
T04Z with near instant spool sounds good !
We don't need more than what the stock engine can handle.
So if a T04Z can give quick responce and keep 0.5 - 0.6 bar boost all the way up to 5500rpm, then that sounds like a good option !!

500cc injectors should be fine ?

I used to have a single Garrett T04E with .60 AR and it starts spooling at 1500 RPM and has full boost at a little more than 2500 RPM. I didn't feel any lag at all. It could spool much sooner if my SC400 has a manual tranny.

[LEFT said:
stevechumostevechumo
[/left];110158]I used to have a single Garrett T04E with .60 AR and it starts spooling at 1500 RPM and has full boost at a little more than 2500 RPM. I didn't feel any lag at all. It could spool much sooner if my SC400 has a manual tranny.
Yep good .. Keep in mint the T series are OLD Garrett tech going back to the 40's.. The new Garrett's are GT series.. As in Garrett Turbo ..
The GT3540 / GT35R is another good turbo.. But I find engines 3.5 ltr with this turbo tend to overheat the CHRA at higher boost levels, even though they are water cooled.. Being a T3 turbine the 1.06 A.R works VERY well also..
The T04Z is the latter series turbo for some reason they kept it to the T series line. It's basically a modern T66 the Jap's
[HKS] modified for the Supra's and Nissans

The turbo on mine is a factory fitment for some mitsubishi trucks. We have ran the same spec turbo on a VG30Det in a navara ute and it did 12.6 quarter on 8psi. VG had a wider rev range than the 1uz so figured it would work well. Our local supplier has them on the shelf too so that makes supply easy.

Cheers

Yep good .. Keep in mint the T series are OLD Garrett tech going back to the 40's.. The new Garrett's are GT series.. As in Garrett Turbo ..
The GT3540 / GT35R is another good turbo.. But I find engines 3.5 ltr with this turbo tend to overheat the CHRA at higher boost levels, even though they are water cooled.. Being a T3 turbine the 1.06 A.R works VERY well also..
The T04Z is the latter series turbo for some reason they kept it to the T series line. It's basically a modern T66 the Jap's
[HKS] modified for the Supra's and Nissans

Higher boost levels meaning 14psi and up ?
How will a T3/T4 works on this engine ?
There is one I can get s/h for a food price, will get the a/r's and wheel sizes...

T3/4 hybrids have SOO many combinations...
I have twin Precision SC61's on my 331ci Ford..
With T4 compressor etc and T3 turbine with t4 wheel 76 trim .63 A.R with advertised 650 h.p each.. It would be too small to run as a single on a 4.0....But with twins 58 trim exhaust it would spool nice...
Usually diesel turbo's are more efficient at higher boost levels...
You require a 650 / 800 h.p turbo just to have the exhaust flow...
A 650 h.p turbo with .63 A.R is not going to flow enough exhaust with single turbo on a 4.0 engine.. maybe on a healthy stought SR20 etc...