Single turbo 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Make sure your 1UZ is from 91-94. These early engines have beefy rods more than the post 94 model. Then you can be safe with 12 psi or more. The weaker rods will give out much sooner and you don't want to take a chance. 0.6 bar of boost should be ok with all models. Even an old school Honda Civic can take 0.8 bar easily with good tuning.

Make sure your 1UZ is from 91-94. These early engines have beefy rods more than the post 94 model. Then you can be safe with 12 psi or more. The weaker rods will give out much sooner and you don't want to take a chance. 0.6 bar of boost should be ok with all models. Even an old school Honda Civic can take 0.8 bar easily with good tuning.

How can I check that ?
It was an import engine so I don't know what model it came out of.

If you have just the engine I would check the serial code on the side of the block and have the dealer look it up. 1995+ has OBDII so the diagnostic plugs will look different, also since it's an import coming to south africa it's a very good chance it's JDM and come out of the Toyota Celsior. I would contact the supplier for more info. What do the headers look like? Pretty sure 95 and + has more effecient bends, post a pic and I think i could tell.

Fuel rail:
23236770217_large.jpg

Headers:
23236770215_large.jpg

23236770218_large.jpg

Pic of the engine:
23236770216_large.jpg

just on a curious note, how does the stock ECU and airflow meter handle up to 8psi?do you have to run a SAFCII or similar??.I have a 94 hilux and have contemplating a single turbo,low/mid mount turbo for a while, no room in engine bay and i've got custom extractors already, what have others found??

How can I check that ?
It was an import engine so I don't know what model it came out of.
I'm sorry I haven't checked this thread. You can open the sparkplug wires. Usually, the stock wires aren't replaced if the engine has low mileage and the wires will specify the year it's put in.

8 psi should be ok with stock ECU with the addition of increasing fuel pressure. The simple components that I used to increase the fuel pressure were a 255 lph hp fuel pump and a rising rate 12:1 FMU. The SAFC with slightly bigger injectors are the better choice than my previous setup at low boost. But it's more expensive of course.

Yea or check around for EMS Stinger or EMS 8860 ECU and 35 / 55 Lb injectors.. The company is in Sydney and the guys will help you out and give you the time ...http://www.enginemanagementsystem.com/prod01.htm
An FMU is a poverty way around fuel supply .. It tends to dump fuel when boost comes on. 8 Lb[boost] X 12 [rising rate %] = 96 + 40 Lb rail pressure is VERY high fuel pressure.. Most injectors go static around 80Lb..
Then the fuel pump has to push against this pressure AND supply enough fuel!!
The ignition needs some retard around peak torque also..