UZ manual conversion kit for test/sale - I need a volunteer

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Personally I think a V160 is a waste unless you plan on running 600+HP. The R154 can handle up to that just fine. Also, unless you change out your rear end ratio, you will actually have a slower top speed, and useless 1st gear. V160's use a 3.133:1 ratio, where as other ratios will probably be no less than 3.73:1.

The R154 came behind th 87-92 turbo supra.

The manual that comes behind the SC300 is the W series, which I have completed the pattern for that, and castings will be done this week. That tranny is good for about 350hp, so unless you plan on going FI with the a UZ engine, it will hold up fine.

R series trannies can be purchased for $100-$250. W series can be purchased for $50-$250. V160's, or the getrag 6 speed will cost you about $2,000.

Attachments

• Cylinders.JPG
    Cylinders.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 15
The V160 tranny is absolutely the smoothest shifting tranny out of the bunch and most expensive to swap as mentioned above...As Superrunner stated the first gear is also a long gear in that tranny but matched with the torsen 93-98 supra LSD's should not be lagging... The R154 is the most cost effective choice to swap in and can handle good power (500whp from my reads) but is not a superior tranny to the V160..The 5 speed tranny should make the R154 have a lower top speed then the V160 6 speed in contrary to what Superrunner states....(No offense)

Superrunner - Curious, Why would you say the V160 when swapped would have a lower top speed then the R154?

With the V160 tranny you will never have to worry about the holding capacity (1000hp+) and that makes for good peace of mind...Big Twin turbo's boosted to the max is no problem, Massive supercharger boosted to peak not a problem, Multiple systems in combination with Nitrous not a problem with the V160.. There are a many factors to consider when choosing a manual swap...

Cost savings the R154 is probably your best bet, but by no means do I think the V160 tranny is a waste of money..

R154:

1st 3.29
5th 0.75
Ratio 3.72

V160

1st 3.827 <- useless with a 3.72 ratio!!!
6th: 0.793 <- higher ratio than R154 5th gear(slower)
Ratio 3.133

When you compare the rear end ratio of the R154 vs the V160, you can see what is going on here. If you go V160, you will need to also swap in a TT supra manual rear end, or find some gearsets that are simliar.

Then I think the R154 is the best bang for the buck. 500 hp capacity is what most of us are looking into, because it's more economical and street friendly.

The reason that I include the SC300 manual because I think both SC400 and SC300 have some interchangeable parts from the top down. They're such as the boot cover that goes with dash, and the same of the entire available area.

DANG IT!!!!

They cast my 7M bellhousings yesterday and they won't be doing aluminum for another week or two. I just finished up the V8/w-series last night I was going to drop it off today.

Oh well, looks like it got pushed back a couple weeks. That will give you guys time to get ready.

Rob is that the pic of the bellhousing that will fit my R150 2wd tranny? It looks like I'll be able to use my stock slave cylinder and clutch fork is that correct. Are you casting provisions for the clutch fork to be used on either side of the housing.

I don't think you will be able to use your stock slave. I had to re-locate the position due to a mouting bolt. Your stock slave would be upside-down.

I did not do provisions for a clutch fork on the other side on this one. The R series to 7M I did because that is for 4x4 applications only.

The image is for a W series, but a R series is short to follow.

Yes, i have. I will have 5 of them on thursday. I will get 5 flywheels ready to go with them for the kits.

By next week, they shoul be ready for shipment.

I will only have 5 in the first batch. 2 of those will be discounted for testing as I do not have a vehicle to test it in right now.

After these have been proven, I will do a large order and have these in stock for purchase.

I am also doing a group buy for 10 orders or more.(will not require money until they have been proven)

Check the group buy section, there is already a group buy thread.

Yeah I cant wait to try my R154 out on the 1UZ! Gone for a Tilton triple plate clutch, Tilton hydrolic release bearing (means dont have to worry about the Pull to Pus mechanism), and a cast bellhousing that A1 Turbos stock to match the 1UZ to R series box. Pretty cool!