Twin Turbo Headers

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Can someone who has these headers test to see if they are magnetic? 304 SS is magnetic only after cold working, so the bulk of the header should be non-magnetic. If they are plated mild steel, they will be uniformly and strongly magnetic.

I must admit, I am at a loss as to why you are wondering if they are magnetic. I am assuming you are afraid of some sort of EMI???

I don't think he's concerned about EMI. I think he's trying to determine what they're made of, and the magnet test is one way to find out:

(cheap) headers, fabricated from mild steel, will be strongly magnetic, or

(better) SS304 headers, which are mildly magnetic, or

(best) SS321 headers, which are not very magnetic at all (at least with most shadetree mechanics' magnetic detectors)

John

About one year after this thread fizzled, I am bringing it back from the dead (I hope that is kosher, but this is fascinating):

I see these Tundra headers are still around. I also see that they are of very average quality and require modifications.

Where are the modifications needed? Do they fit widthwise within the engine bay? Are the four exhaust openings and eight bolts to secure the manifold in the same position on SS Autochrome units as on the 4.0L V8 1UZ-FE Lexus engine many of us have experience with? Would this mean that any 00-04 Tundra Headers would suuply a platform for a custom turbo manifold?

Perhaps there is a more steamlined unit of higher build quality that is less suseptible to cracking and more willing to fit inside the engine bay out there.

Are the mock install photos on a 4.7L or a 4.0L block? Would a proper flange and a pipe running from the header to another proper flange work for a simple turbo set up?

Thanks...

IMHO, they are not worth using for FI...They have to be modified too much to make them work, and the cost to do so is not worth it for the appearance of the savings on the cheap price of those headers. I ended up throwing mine out.

Ryan