Twin Turbo Headers

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Lextreme said:
600 AUD Vs. 100 USD????
$100US = $???AU
plus shipping
plus customs fees
Plus insurance
equals more than $600

Plus this gives us a warranty if required, and available within 2 to 3 days.

Not even a compasiron for us.

actually know a guy who bought a set of tundra ones off ebay. costed him just under $300 AUD to his door, though it did take nearly 2 weeks.

better than $600 i would imagine.

My SS headers cost around $210AUD(SS declare they are samples so you get out of customs) delivered within 4 days from U.S. and I'm central west NSW

Lex, i'm still in shock at how much you payed for those tundra headers, and the quality of them. Is that a repeatable price or a one off? any idea how much it would cost to freight a pair to Australia? Is there any way you could help me get a pair ?

mate, just go to ebay and search for "tundra headers"... the seller is SSautoChrome and there are repeats all the time... no-one ever bids so you always (most of the time) pay for the starting bid amount.... they also have heaps of other items.. check out the ebay store..

warning though... some of their manifolds and turbo's (especially) have been known to fail/crack.... so like any half intelligent person would do, have them reinforced/re-welded.....

I cant say about their turbos... but the headers are very high quality and comes with accessories too. Good service. Please email them first before bidding. Ask them about the shipping fee and customs... 1uz-hz and few other had good experience with them. No one really bid on it..... i would contact them first..... and work the shipping details.

Lextreme said:
I cant say about their turbos... but the headers are very high quality and comes with accessories too. Good service. Please email them first before bidding. Ask them about the shipping fee and customs... 1uz-hz and few other had good experience with them. No one really bid on it..... i would contact them first..... and work the shipping details.
Dave

Have you actually had these dummy fitted against the block and happy they are flat eetc.

Please also excuse ignoranece are they SS or chrome?

For some one else who asked SS are handy, not because they're bling, but because SS has a mild catalyctic effect so could help towards minimising any emission problems.

Cheers
Skid

Don't worry - I've answered my own question. Found them on ebay and stuck a bid in! :)

like was posted on one of the threads in the exhaust section, the decking of the flange isn't always perfect... may need a good machining but not to worry, the flanges are thick, so you have plenty of meat to play with.

Lex, from all the forums ive been on, most will tell you ssautochrome stuff looks the part (and that's true, they do look like they're good quality)... but you never know how the welds inside are... they have been known to crack on many occasions... so you just gotta be careful, or lucky enough to get a good set of headers.

these are the same headers i used on the TT sc400-- and the quality was very acceptable--especially for the price.. now i did cut them up and do some of my own welding, but was impressed for what we got for the money.. i could never make a set of these for what we paid to get them..
being a welder, i know that any weld may end up cracking-- but again, it comes down to cost.. if i had paid 750 for the headers and they cracked--i might be annoyed.. if i had paid 1000- id be very upset,but if i pay 100 for the headers and they crack, i wouldnt feel to bad..

JEEEEEEESUS CHRIST!!!!!

I've just won some Tundra headers from SSautochrome and I'm a bit bloody shocked.

USD100 for the headers, now trying to charge me another USD95 for the UK shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can this be right??? I know they must be heavy but it's the headers, not the whole farking car!

Has anyone any experience of international shipping. I think they've severely taken the piss as I've won them for the minimum and they must have added a more than generous 'packing' fee on there.

Any advice? I need to reply soon to their email.

Bleedin 'eck!

Mark

Attachments

• Copy of PhoneCam(097).jpg
    Copy of PhoneCam(097).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 585
  • PhoneCam(096).jpg
    PhoneCam(096).jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 577
hi mark, i have shipped some stuff to the UK before.. it can get expensive.. these are relatively heavy, and i also remember the box being a medium/large size.. when i ship something across the US, a box and weight of the same size would cost me around 30+.. considering the headers are going to UK, 95 does not sound so bad.. but when you compare 95 to the 100 the headers cost, it sounds like alot.. but i think that is still a very good deal..

chrisman said:
hi mark, i have shipped some stuff to the UK before.. it can get expensive.. these are relatively heavy, and i also remember the box being a medium/large size.. when i ship something across the US, a box and weight of the same size would cost me around 30+.. considering the headers are going to UK, 95 does not sound so bad.. but when you compare 95 to the 100 the headers cost, it sounds like alot.. but i think that is still a very good deal..

Hi Chrisman,

I know it wont be cheap and I'm prepared to pay a fair price, but 1UZ-HZ posted above he paid AUSD210 which is about USD160 I think. So about USD60 for International shipping seems about right to me. I think Lex only paid USD26 for mainland US shipping.

I've asked them to politely double check so I'll find out soon.

Cheers
Mark

Mark, I live in Houston, TX but pass through Gatwick each month on my way to Algeria. I could probably bring these over next time I come, which would be March 8/9. I travel very light and could check these as baggage.

Email me if you're interested, and we'll work something out.
John

cribbj said:
Mark, I live in Houston, TX but pass through Gatwick each month on my way to Algeria. I could probably bring these over next time I come, which would be March 8/9. I travel very light and could check these as baggage.

Email me if you're interested, and we'll work something out.
John
Hi John,

That's very decent of you to offer, many thanks.

I really appreciate it but unfortunately Gatwick would be a nightmare for me to get to on a weekday and probably cost me much more in lost pay and gas.

It would be a lot of hassle for you though just to save me 50 bucks or so and I think you'd soon get bored and tired of being responsible for a dead weight of steel! ha ha

It's handy to know you might be able to oblige in the future though. ;)

It's not the end of the world re the money I just don't want SS to take the p*ss out of me at USD95 if they can ship to mainland US for USD26 or Oz for USd 60 or so.

Thanks again
Mark

Gatwick would be a nightmare for me to get to on a weekday and probably cost me much more in lost pay and gas
In the past, I've left Supra parts with the concierge at the Hilton there in the South Terminal, and they've been picked up a few days after, so I'm sure if you wanted to pick these up on the weekend it would be OK. The offer stands if you change your mind and decide you want to do it.

John