Ferrari's 4.3liter V8 doubles the 1uz-fe hp output NA..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I have no doubt a 3UZ could make the same power and still be streetable.

Add dual VVTL-I, bad cams, some tuning and job's done. if the 2ZZ-GE can make 190HP from 1.8 liter and still be streetable, the V8 can also achieve the same output.....
Yes, that's doable. Let's take the case of a Honda S2000 as an example. It's 2.2 L but pushes 240 hp with 162 ft/lbs of torque. However, I don't know how twin S2000 engine can be positioned inside an engine bay.

Inline 8 ha ha ha........I can't believe this thread is still going...We must find new interesting topics to discuss..

If I had to choose what motor for free that would be sitting under the hood of my SC400, I would choose this Ferrari motor first just to be the first to do it. Plus I wouldn't be complaining about the 500hp on demand..... How unique would that be?

Curious, Since dreams can become reality every now and then - If you guys had a choice of a any free motor sitting under the hood of your current ride what would you choose? It would have to fit (4 to 5 liter only), would you stick with the xUZ-FE family engines, Supra, exotic and or American family engine...Again, it would have to fit, V10's and V12 do not apply... I think the LS1 family would fit...

I know this is really a silly question and I am wondering as I write will I even get a reply to this question. I just want to see how loyal you guys are to Toyota motors? See ya

Non fitting = W16 from the bugatti Veyron

Existing. hummmmm... maybe a fresh swap of a 1UR-FSE mated to the new 8 speed trans. Maybe not 500BHP, but what a big step from stock!

ohh, and if i had the same budget as your ferrari swap, i'd work the engine, install headders, exausth, work the heads to get those 500HP and go wipe your A** with that good ol' toyota engine! lol then you'd be OWNED like the ferrari guy in FAST AND FURIOUS!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

LS7 just because it would be easier to buildup and work on when and if it breaks...Give me a wrench and that Ferrari motor and would be affraid to change the plugs.... Good point...Thanks guys for the replies to my silly question...

How about you WD? What would you take? They both make around the same amount of power right?

i'd take the ferrari v-8, the sound alone would be worth. Not exactly the same power, i think the ls7 dyno's 10-15rhwp more, but on that much power, you wouldn't even be able to tell.

i would rather take a Ford Modular V8 than the Ferrari V8. bigger aftermarket(by a couple thousand miles) and it has higher displacement.

jibby, did you know that the lexus rolex race car uses a modified 1uz that displaces 4.35 and makes 500+ hp at 8,000rpm?

Homologation rules require manufacturers to base their race engine off of actual production engines. It's not a 1UZ, but rather a 3UZ w/ VVT-i. It has slightly higher compression and a full race build with Motec engine control.

Type: Lexus Daytona Prototype V8, Naturally Aspirated, DOHC, Four Valves per Cylinder, Fuel Injected
Displacement: 4.35 Liters (265 Cubic Inches)
Power: 500 hp @ 8,000 rpm
Maximum RPM: 8,200 rpm (mandated)
Engine Development and Maintenance: Toyota Racing Development (TRD), U.S.A., Inc.
Engine Block: Lexus 4.3-liter - Aluminum
Cylinder Head: Lexus 4.3-liter - Aluminum
Compression Ratio: Maximum 11:1
Engine Management System: Motec
Fuel: Sunoco Racing Gas

So, the 3UZ has potential with the right amount of $$$. The biggest improvements are probably to the intake manifold and plenum, head ports, valve size, cam duration, and the addition of racing headers with larger exhaust diameter. Of course, a standalone engine management system helps extract the most power from all of that. Rev the above engine to 8500rpm, and it'll actually make MORE power than the Ferrari 4.3L.

The Ferrari 4.3L is basically a race engine made for the street, while the 3UZ is a street engine which just happens to have a racing version.

Ferrari's newer V8s and other engines use variable cam timing on both camshafts in each head, or the equivalent of Toyota's Dual VVT-i system employed in the 3 of 4 GR series engines, and all UR series engines. Toyota's low displacement ZR I4s are Toyota's next full DVVT-i engine series.

I'll be loyal to the SC engine. 500 hp on the SC isn't hard at all. When I mean SC, it can be either a SC300 (don't laugh at me when I step down for bigger change), or a SC400 I'll either put a turbo in it with some internal works and Voila! 500 hp at the wheels! This option is a lot easier than a Ferrari or a LS1 (I still don't know what LS1 engine is. Is it a Chevy engine). And then, I can go fishing or camping, and temporarily forget about the mod.

Jason - good breakdown....Interesting facts....Too bad that N/A 3UZ racing motor isn't street legal like the Farrari. Slap a 500hp N/A bolt right up 3UZ motor to our SC's would be rock'in..Then slap a big Turbo on it and you will have enough HP's to pull an 18 wheeler fully loaded...

Man I love to dream.....

i don't know about street legal in your state, but is a turbo 1uz street legal, aslo that racing engine runs 11:1 compression so it could in theory run on pump gas on the street, just the sc would be too heavy for those radical cams.

so, UR, ZR, GR...

they'll be like all the same engine, uses the same pistons, rods, cams, intake systems etc etc. ???

Just like the UR is a 8 cylinder version of a GR engine?

I don't think so. The 2UR-FSE is Toyota's first implementation of VVT-iE, or true electronically controlled VVT-i on the intake cam with a traditional hydraulically controlled VVT-i exhaust cam.

Cams are always different between each engine series, and the pistons and rods are matched to each application. The 2UR is a high class V8, so it's unlikely it will share any internal parts with other motors. Portions of the crankshaft are mirror polished to reduce NVH from the engine.

They all share similar design features, however, like low friction roller bearings in their roller rocker valvetrain. Toyota is trying to reduce internal engine friction by 5-10% in each new engine series. The new 2ZR-FE (replaces the 1ZZ-FE) gained about 4 hp and a bit of gas mileage just by a reduction in friction. The dual VVT-i helps too.

Jason - The cams between the two motors look to me to be completely different in every way..The lift in the Ferrari cams are sick in comparison...Even the structure between the two cams are like apples to oranges...I just recently had that Ferrari cam in my hand and was looking it over, it almost looks like a crank...3uz cams are not even close from what I have seen.....

I tried to find a pics of the Ferrari cams off of google to show the physical comparisons but could not fine......Oh well...

My Curreent proj is a little KE10 1967 Corolla (weight under 700kg)....engine i'd want if i could? The Radical Cars H1 V8...2.6 litres revving to 10,000rpm and good for easy 300+hp :) Slaughters the 430 for engine note.

Hey justen i got a friend down south years ago that put a monster/perephial port 13b Rotory in one of those little corollas. My god what a scary scary machine. The thing was put off the road for being to dangerous in the end. The car had a bad habit of spinning around on you and you would end up facing the other way, Not a good look. It would wheel spin all 5 gears if you were hard on the gas pedal. Not sure how much hp it put out but it would be fair to say it was way over 300hp at the fly.

Hey Storm,
Funny you should say that as the current engine in it is a 13BT with 600hp potential. Local rego killed that idea though with a law change so current plan is a 3SGTE which i know very well from past experience. Will have approx 400hp flywheel and alot of torque...should be a fun machine ;)