Ferrari 360 vs. R34 Skyline...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

Alot of talk about skylines so I came across a few U-tube videos...

The Ferrari just had a bad launch but was neck and neck...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8rtaMIs5E4&feature=related

In this video the GTR rev's 10,000 rpms and watch how fast this car excellerates from 70mph to 120-mph... WOW!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaeNCn5P7Jg&feature+related

I guess it's safe to say these Skylines are for real..... However, they just don't look like anything special to me personally.. This is a racey looking one below in the pic that looks good...

The GTR has been real since before it whooped ass at Bathurst.
With Kiwi at the wheel..
I must say though.. In this particular race the Ford Cosworth actually run more laps... Controversy as there was a thunderstorm, an accident which involved the winning GTR.
Race was red flagged and under the rules the results went BACK one lap.. To which the GTR was in front..
There was hell to play in the winners circle where the winner said to crowed that they are a bunch of arseholes.It was't him who made the rules!!.. After a can of bear was thrown at him..[Full can ??]
Very much not like an Aussie to throw beer away !!
Bathurst in case you guys stateside didn't know? Is our big race down here.. We love out tin tops..

So the skyline is a superior car to the Supra tt's from what I can see...

Yet they both sport the straight six cylinder motors with turbo's.. Hmmmm? I guess the Skyline's are much lighter in weight...

Yeah both supporting 500+ hp in stock form. Both have VVTI and they max out at the same numbers too. Yeah if TT had an AWD system this would be closer!

Yeah fasteddie, I forgot about the 4wd... That is some car indeed....

The 2jz.. motor is notorious for having non impressive low rpm power and torque, but when the motor starts boosting and spinning it's over... I saw in the video with the GTR and the drivers were basically saying it's a torque monster... Now, I am wondering if the GTR is a bit sluggish out of the blocks much like the Supra tt's, Hmmm?... Then again a 3.3 second 0-60mph recorded time speed how can it be gutless from launch? I think I answered my own question...

The bigger 3.8 V6 GTR would have an advantage...
430 ft Lb @ 3200 rpm..
With max power at 6400 rpm...
Newer tech wins over...

So which motor is better, the legendary 2jz.. or this Nissan GTR inline straight six? It seems like they are close to equals, no?

2jz for sure

better flowing heads
if you had the same setup on each car the 2j will always be 20-25% more kw's
and the gtr cannot withstand as much power as the 2j

v8soarer, I may have to disagree with you... First off, how do you know the GTR motor can't hold alot of horsepower? Secondly the GTR motor produces more power thru out the entier power band then the 2jz... Thirdly, I am not so conviced the GTR motor heads flow just as well or not even better then the 2jz..'s...

Like Xr8ttt says, newer technology wins out....

most drag racing cars lately have been converting from rotors, american muscle etc to 2j's or 1uz. have not see an rb in any of those cars other that street/drag in japan!

First off, how do you know the GTR motor can't hold alot of horsepower?

well im sitting on the bonnet of a 500hp r33 gtr with $30k+/- spent on engine, and not more than 1 maybe 2 meters away from that is a supra with a single conversion with 20k+/- spent on it producing 650 - 800hp

To be fair the RB motors are smaller and older ..
The new GTR has the V6 3.8 engine..
The road version between the two cars??
I would pick the GTR over the Supra..
The 2J takes to mods better..BUT doesn't nesssesary make it a good road engine.Good breathing heads can lead into low rpm torque.. Can't beat physics, can't have it both ways !!
It will be interesting to see how much can be extracted from the new Nissan V6??