ZR1, Porcshe, GTR, Ferrari motortrend race..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
It would be a completely different story if it was a circuit race.

They can't say Kirsten or Colin either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very impressive power to all. 1 thing I notice is Edmunds and Motor Trend keep bringing the Nissan GTR against the ZR1 to show how superior the ZR1 is. But honestly, the ZR1 is very impressive against its competitors "Porsche" and "Ferrari" that cost 4 times as much. Rarely there're many cars that can match the power of the ZR1.

Throw in a turbo kit for $30K on the Nissan GTR and I'm very positive it can beat all other 3. Now the fair game really begins.

Neeeeesan, skedule, alumenum, Kirsten, Colin... I said all those words many times and it doesn't sound that strange to me... What am I missing here?:scratchchin:

You know what's funny is Americans here in the States have so many different nationalities and different American accents to deal with, for starters you got Southerners, West Coast, then you got New Yorkers, Texans, etc.. etc...

To me everyone sounds different over here in the States...Then you got Asians, middle easterners, Russians, etc.. Asians can't pronounce Sorry, they say Sooo Saaarrrrry... Middle Easterners can't say Hello, they say Helllow my freeend, Russians speak English-Sputnik, Americans from the South say "Ya all" in every sentence while Texans say Howdie... West Coasters say dude and bro alot, Poor Black America say their own slang words too... It's all good yo, Ok dog, I got swole in jail, (muscles), etc..

Brits, Scotts, Irish, Aussies and Kiwi's well you guys pretty much know what you sound like speaking English. I must say some country and or farm grown Brits, Irish, and Scotts I really have a hard time understanding.. Probably Aussie's too, some... I know when I hear Ricky Hatten the English boxer speak on ESPN I'm like what the hell did he just say?

You know fellas living in the States and in the big city would be kinda like this probably for you - Try communicating and speaking with Brits, Scotts, Irish, Aussie's, and Kiwi's everyday while you are all stuffed into just one Country.... That's only white America for you right there... Then you got American Asians, American Middle Easterners, Etc.. Etc.. You get use to it though after a while....

I think Nissan was trying for that magic 0-60 number more than anything else. The GTR smoked everything off the line but thats it. 0-60mph is nice but on straights like that it's pretty self explanatory that the extra ponies are king.

Well in different countries the pronounciations differ obviously... Doesn't mean the English language is being spoke incorrectly just different when comparing to other countries...

For me I kinda get a kick on how the Jamacian's talk.. Yeah mon, tis a greeeat dey mon.. We be go-in to da beeg citiee of Kinston Jamacia.. I be feeling a bit irie bout this though mon.. Red Stripe hooooreeey for beeer mon....

I kinda like how the Aussie's and Kiwi's speak too.. Not just saying that because there is a crap load of them on this forum either..

You get the picture..

German and Russian English speaking people irratate me for some reason, don't even know why... Just my two cents on global English sounds..

Let's focus on cars, folks. I think we're off track.

I think for the ZR1, paying additional $50K from a Z06 for an additional 230 bhp is a little bit steep. The Z06 and the ZR1 is pretty much identical in body and handling. I'd prefer the ZR1 to have a slightly different body shape.

Yeah true Steve, if one rushed by I doubt you could spy ZR1 badge... prob assume it was just another Z06. Not enough individuality with this one. Ok, ok the clear bonnet and carbon ceramic brakes can be spotted and sets it apart but these are small visual improvements for the most part. look at the IS-F... visually stunning overall compared to a regular is350, this is my opinion of course :) I got to stare at a new blue IS-F for an hour straight as we were driving a 2 lane interstate with too much traffic to go anywhere... just my antique and this beauty! Some people dog the exhausts as they are not "functional" but in fact they are... previous M3's commonly end up with melted bumpers and the quad design the F has is made to break up the heat upon exit.

As far as looks go I'd take the F over GTR, just personal preference.

Attachments

• DSC02528.JPG
    DSC02528.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC02541.JPG
    DSC02541.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC02555.JPG
    DSC02555.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC02557.JPG
    DSC02557.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC02558.JPG
    DSC02558.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC02559.JPG
    DSC02559.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC02560.JPG
    DSC02560.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 75
id go the zr1 purely because the gtr would be less fun to drive. give me rwd supecharged v8 anyday, over something that sticks like the proverbial to a blanket lol. even if the gtr is faster, who cares. when was the last time you were racing round the nurbergring?

Interesting perspective...

I would take the GTR.
Size and type of engine isnt important as long as it produces the required performance.
Also, what good is more top end speed if you cant use it anywhere?
Gimme cornering G's and out of corner accel.