2012 Nissan GTR 0-60mph 2.7 seconds!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I came up against 3 of these (various years) in a recent standing 1000m event. Nothing RWD came close unless it has plus 400rwkw and it took a 600rwkw dedicated track car to beat them. They were all modded, but fairly mildly, and all comfy street cars...farking weapons these things. By all accounts the new trannies are a huge improvement and they will 0-100kph in the low 3 seconds range all day long now.

Hard to see much that is close that's a comfy daily with this bang for buck potential?

BTW, they look so much better in the metal too...i'd happily own one now :(

Nissan's Ace..

The one thing that causes me to think about the GTR and its huge performance success is its a 3.8l turbo engine, a-la Grand National 3.8, just makes me think they learned and improved upon greatness and now with technology continually improve on this platform where it takes a serious opponent to even come close let alone beat it, and that's not even talking about its road course track abilities where it truly defies laws of physics and there its weight become a benefit allowing traction to be utilized like never before in any street going race quality car.
Now the Veyron is its own beast and it does so much in such a civilized way, nothing comes close without being seriously loud and near full race quality, yet cost of ownership and quad turbo's makes the Bugatti a natural target.

The GTR is a modern day bargain and even the Z06 has to pack more power to equal its performance with a weight advantage too, seems to play with the laws of physics. Yet i understand traction needs weight too. strangely its the information that this car gives in feedback that makes it such a hugely interesting car so you can truly see improvement on display.

The one thing that causes me to think about the GTR and its huge performance success is its a 3.8l turbo engine, a-la Grand National 3.8, just makes me think they learned and improved upon greatness and now with technology continually improve on this platform where it takes a serious opponent to even come close let alone beat it, and that's not even talking about its road course track abilities where it truly defies laws of physics and there its weight become a benefit allowing traction to be utilized like never before in any street going race quality car.
Now the Veyron is its own beast and it does so much in such a civilized way, nothing comes close without being seriously loud and near full race quality, yet cost of ownership and quad turbo's makes the Bugatti a natural target.

The GTR is a modern day bargain and even the Z06 has to pack more power to equal its performance with a weight advantage too, seems to play with the laws of physics. Yet i understand traction needs weight too. strangely its the information that this car gives in feedback that makes it such a hugely interesting car so you can truly see improvement on display.

Somehow i don't think a Grand National featured even slightly in their design brief :p

Maybe there was an article about a GN in an old magazine that they tore up and used to mop up an oil leak from the workshop delivery truck? but i doubt a GN even got that close ;)

As for the rest of your assessment....errr interesting?

Comparison between a Z06 and GTR! Interesting topic. Many people for some reasons compare between these 2 great cars. Imagine if the Z06 is AWD! It'll outrun the GTR anytime. Lol.

You're right. But it won't lose traction like it's in RWD, so that'll make up for the off-line accelleration. The GTR is more heavy than many other cars with less power per weight ratio, but it usually pulls ahead from the dead stop. It's mainly due to its great traction.

The GTR is top dog in production car performance these days and the performance numbers are staggering! The only car that could really dethrone it would be the UGR TTG on full kill mode but that's not really a production car.

Lol at the grand national comparision.