2012 Nissan GTR 0-60mph 2.7 seconds!!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JBrady

On my way to play golf on Friday I drove up behind a black GTR. Traffic was heavy but the middle aged driver still gave it a quick blast... very exotic sounding. There was also an older modded Subaru WRX that may have had something to do with the blast.

From the first time I saw a GTR in person I was surprised at how large it appears from the rear. Very agressive and powerful. I went from thinking the car ugly to wanting one. Fridays glance has me back in that mode. Decided to check out the 2012 specs and it is being praised as a huge improvement in many ways over the previous model. When I read the 0-60 specs... well, what can you say except... WOW.

"The Nismo test driver consistently recorded 2.7 and 2.8 second 0-60 mph sprints on cold pavement in dry, high 40-degree weather"

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...gt_r_us_spec_drive/viewall.html#ixzz1YyeKSmkg

1101_08z+2012_nissan_gt-r+rear_three_quarters_view.jpg

1101_11z+2012_nissan_gt-r+engine_detail.jpg

Last edited:
Like or loath the looks, there's no denying the performance is awesome.

Still one of the best bang for buck performance cars out there too, although too much buck for me to contemplate :(

I know a guy that builds 1,500 hp GTR'S in Chicago at AMS performance and needless to say they are just about the badest street car on the road minus the twin turbo UGR TT Gallardo which it's hard to beat a car with stock drivability and creature comforts that can clich off an 8 sec 1/4 mile blast then drive home with the a/c on.

It's the best bang for the buck car. I used to think the C6 Z06 was the best money can buy, but the new GTR had changed my mind. I was told it's very easy to drive as well.

No intent to bash the C6 Z06 here. I still love it and I'll probably go for a Z06 if I get some money. I wish Chevy didn't release the standard C6, so that it can make the C6 Z06 more rare like the GTR. Standard C6 is everywhere on the street, and it makes the Z06 just so common like the rest of other cars. :p

Toyota really needs new technology to combat with those new cars instead of just dropping in a more powerful engine. Horsepower is nothing if it's not utilized effectively. Toyota can make an affordable car like that easily.

I know I will be jumping ship to the GTR when I sell my mkiv and maybe my sc400 that is undergoing a swap and hopefully the prices come down by then as well.

xspsi6

If you buy the 1st year that the R35 is offered you'll save some cheese and the best part? You can have the ECU reflashed @ Nissan to update the boost and tune to that of the 2012 GTR! I read about it in motor trend. Very cool I thought.

Yup that would be the only way I can afford it and even then it will be putting me on ramens for 5-6 years:D But we shall see what the future holds I suppose and for the record high 10's on stock turbos would be my goal which has been done many times before with just a flash tune and some bpu's.

They are just stupid fast in daily driver mode as I have a friend with a modded one that runs 9's and he has beat some very healthy race cars with his then turns around and drives it to work 5 days a week.

Nice find! I turned my speakers up for this one :)

Switzer's 800 wheel package for the GTR has got to be right there with a 1000bhp bugatti (unsure if it was a supersport? Switzer also offers 900whp kits with e85 and if so, that would explain the huge gap! Both cars have close curb weights. GTR = 4000lb Bugatti = 4200lb and both have AWD so the drivetrain loss has got to be close as well. I feel that if the race was not compromised by drivers (hard to say from vid), that it would be like comparing a base veyron to a supersport veyron.

That's so crazy. The GTR smoked the Bugatti easily. I knew a guy who has his GTR upgraded with bigger turbos and ECU, and he dynoed 700 awhp. I'm positive he can hang with the Bugatti.

Yea the GTR will take down a veyron up to about 230mph but the undisputed king of the highway is by far UGR Lamborghini TTG.

Drive most awd vehicle like that and you'll have trans issues..
They've done away with that hard launch software TMK in the newer models also...