Porsche GT2 vs Corvette ZR1

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I've watched this clip before and the ZR1 driver disappointed me. I think he doesn't know how to drive the ZR1. A less power Z06 505 hp with stock tires can run low to mid 11 secs. So a more power ZR1 638 hp will have to run faster for sure. However, the Porsche is still a fast car. I sat in the GT2 (not driven it) and its power is very linear, but not very torquey.

Here's another comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZlGMX8G3B4

Last edited:
Quote..
I sat in the GT2 (not driven it) and its power is very linear, but not very torquey.

Found the same sitting in a 380 jet... Lol...

I've watched this clip before and the ZR1 driver disappointed me. I think he doesn't know how to drive the ZR1. A less power Z06 505 hp with stock tires can run low to mid 11 secs. So a more power ZR1 638 hp will have to run faster for sure. However, the Porsche is still a fast car. I sat in the GT2 (not driven it) and its power is very linear, but not very torquey.

Here's another comparison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZlGMX8G3B4

"only one word springs to mind...drag race" :D:p

9 times outta 10 i'd get em both :) especially from a rolling start...i'd still swap the Celica for either any day though :)

A jet is a flying machine and so is a Porsche. :eek:

Justen, if you've beaten both of them, then you should have a trophy for the fastest 1UZ daily driver.

A Porsche may appeal more for its sexy style, smoothness of power, and is easier to drive, while the ZR1 may look like a launching rocket that's fast and willing to destroy anything in its way, and is brutal.

Wouldn't have either!! All that power and ya can't tow a boat !!
O/k for guys with MLC I guess..
Lets see them go around corners also...
I guess they have to be patriotic about a Gov owned {Gov Motors} company...

Last edited:
A jet is a flying machine and so is a Porsche. :eek:

Justen, if you've beaten both of them, then you should have a trophy for the fastest 1UZ daily driver.

A Porsche may appeal more for its sexy style, smoothness of power, and is easier to drive, while the ZR1 may look like a launching rocket that's fast and willing to destroy anything in its way, and is brutal.

You want an address to send the trophy too ;) BTW haven't you seen the vid of my car eating the F430 on the straight @ the track? :)

I'd put my money behind Justen beating almost any vehicle, supercars included, in a drag race or on a track.

No harm that the young man can drive pretty damned well either.

I'd put my money behind Justen beating almost any vehicle, supercars included, in a drag race or on a track.

No harm that the young man can drive pretty damned well either.

Young, LOL i wish. Getting rustier every day the poor Celica sits there dead too...the auto commodore wagon doesn't provide much opportunity to hone your skills :( One retaining wall and a side fence for the missus and i'm allowed back at the car :D

hmm link

http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w74/celicagt8/?action=view&current=passingfezzacompressed00.flv

The guys optional carbon brakes are worth more than it cost me to build my entire car :eek: