Fastest Supra at 7.91...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Whom ever said the Supra's were just dyno queens?..

Envious non-Supra owners ;-)

BoostLogic do build some seriously fast drag cars, and they also recently broke the record at the Texas Mile (which was previously held by another Supra).

From what I read, usually those fast Supras were stroked out to about 3.4L. Nothing can beat bigger displacement. :tongue: I'm sure a 900 rwhp/800 rwtq Supra can move fast, unless the driver sucks.

its weird seeing a car go that fast do the 1/4 and shifting a manual gearbox, what other cars go that fast on a manual, not many!

Most have Liberty box's..
As in Pro stock ...
Hardly street car though..
Auto is more consistant and cheaper...
Or can be !!

I wonder at what gear the Supra reaches its 1/4 mile. It's so quick to change gear in a 6 speed tranny, even for a 11 second car. I believe many Supra use the TH400 with 3 speed to run 10 seconds or lower.

I wonder at what gear the Supra reaches its 1/4 mile. It's so quick to change gear in a 6 speed tranny, even for a 11 second car. I believe many Supra use the TH400 with 3 speed to run 10 seconds or lower.

If you listen to the video it sounds like a manual shifting, an auto's shifts would be quicker, crazy if it is really a manual.

The stock auto doesn't last long behind the horsepower it takes to run a 10 or lower in a 3500 lbs car. The TH400 is a very cost effective alternative to the A340e

The stock auto doesn't last long behind the horsepower it takes to run a 10 or lower in a 3500 lbs car. The TH400 is a very cost effective alternative to the A340e
I think the stock A340E won't last very long even in the 12 seconds, which when the car has about 350-400 rwhp. A built TH400 can run 10 seconds easily.

I think the stock A340E won't last very long even in the 12 seconds, which when the car has about 350-400 rwhp. A built TH400 can run 10 seconds easily.

I would love to know the performance differences between the two trannies? For example -

Same car delivering 400whp also equiped with close to the same diff gearing ratio's and torque converter stall rates..

A340E quarter mile time -

Th400 quarter mile time -

I wonder if there would even be a difference in performance??? I am sure their is a weight difference between the two at least..

TH400 takes a beating but it's not like it's a free deal... TH400 will consume more HP than 340E, so if 400crank is making 320RWHP, then TH400 is more like 300RWHP. 340 is a great unit, it just needs to shift quicker to lessen the abuse on each clutch pack for the most part. On the same token why spend a grip to fully build it when the chevy is out-of-the-box built, not bulletproof but stronger than the 340e in stock form.

I saw an OEM Toyota build kit and it ran like $900 in parts (not aftermarket) while TH ran like $150.

shimming the a340's accumulators makes them handle a bit more abuse and definitely improves performance. My supra used to light up HARD when hitting second and third after the mod. If you've got an a340 in a car that you're trying to make perform you MUST do it - totally worthwhile :) ... my LS will get its accumulators shimmed fairly soon.

IIRC, Ryan Woons supra is around 1500rwhp too, its one serious streeter

TH400 takes a beating but it's not like it's a free deal... TH400 will consume more HP than 340E, so if 400crank is making 320RWHP, then TH400 is more like 300RWHP.

That makes perfect sense to me.. TH400 has larger and stronger moving parts then the 340e, so inturn it would take more power to run it.....

Thank you..

Attachments

• 2768.jpg
    2768.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 2
  • inj360-side1.jpg
    inj360-side1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 94
shimming the a340's accumulators makes them handle a bit more abuse and definitely improves performance.

Once you start making making good power any built a340 will just keep breaking 2nd/3rd gear sprags during shifts. They just aren't designed to handle lots of torque. One way to keep them alive is to reduce engine power during the shift. Most better standalone ECU are capable of doing that. The OEM toyota ECU's do just that on cars equipped with traction control.

Once you start making making good power any built a340 will just keep breaking 2nd/3rd gear sprags during shifts. They just aren't designed to handle lots of torque. One way to keep them alive is to reduce engine power during the shift. Most better standalone ECU are capable of doing that. The OEM toyota ECU's do just that on cars equipped with traction control.

Yes many std ECU's retard timing big time during shift points..
Even with manual trans..

One way to keep them alive is to reduce engine power during the shift. Most better standalone ECU are capable of doing that. The OEM toyota ECU's do just that on cars equipped with traction control.

I am about to tune mine with an Adaptronic.. anyone know if this unit handles auto trans? And if it can quicken shifts through programming?

Yea, but your average 1uz isnt getting anywhere near the a340's limit. Even a s/c stock motor should be fairly safe. Approx 350rwhp is where your starting to push a healthy a340's limit, in something as heavy as the LS. Most people on this board are under 300rwhp, hence my recommendation. Its just a good way to prolong the life of your trans.