The fastest street legal car...Porsche 911

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

What you are seeing is possibly the fastest street legal car in the world today..

It is a re-worked 911 Porsche turbo...It houses a flat-6 3.8 liter motor which was bored out from the 3.6 original size... Includes special combustion shaped chambers as well as percision machined cylinder heads with larger valves and performance camshaft. Larger turbo system and high flowing exhaust..

This little Porsche is ably to produce 1,054 horsepower at 7700 rpms and has a peak torque of 760 foot pounds at 5800rpms.. The engine is mated to a modified six speed manual transmission..

The article reads as above stated and does not get into more specific mechanical detail..This appears to be top secret information or something..

ANYWAY THE CARS TOP SPEED IS TO BE - 245MPH and is set to make the world record in Italy sometime soon as the proclaimed fastest street legal car in the world..

They are calling it the "MISSION 400"

Nice, and here's an interesting one too. Tommy Banh's (of Houston) 1995 Supra, which recently turned 228 mph in the Texas Mile event. And yes, it's a street driven car, not just a dyno queen.

Here's a partial C&P from the article at Urban Racer (full text and photos at http://urbanracer.com/articles/anmviewer.asp?a=2728)

"I was running on 19-inch wheels and tires and they were spinning burnout style well into fourth gear. A good friend came through with a set of 18-inch wheels with some sticky Toyo RA1 tires. These did better and got me hooked up earlier, right after shifting into fourth gear rather than in the middle of fourth gear, which gave me more of the mile to generate speed. I was at full traction by the half-mile and running way better than the day before. I went through the traps at 228.7 and was turning around 9300 rpm. The 222-mph run was at 30 psi but with the better tires I bumped it up to 32 psi. The scary thing is there is 250 horsepower still on tap. The turbo can efficiently push 40 to 45 psi and my engine should handle it but I don't think I have the traction to really put all that power down, yet. "

Sounds like once he solves his traction problems, the additional HP should put him well into the 235-245 MPH range. He's already getting around 1100+ BHP from the 3.0 litre 2JZ-GTE motor. Wonder what a 3.4 litre 2JZ stroker kit would do for him? Or a very well boosted UZ?

Not too bad for a 12 year old car with 20 year old engineering......

Yeah, there is 1500whp Supra near my neck of the woods too... Powerglide mated tranny with the 2jz...Big turbo combined with nitrous for the takeoffs...It don't go 245mph, but it does the quarter in the 9's...

Cribbj - The Supra out here in California looks alot like the one in your link, big single turbo and everything...

The owner that I got to speak too told me that he had to get the 250 nitrous progressive shot just to spool up the turbo to get the car rolling.. I am wondering how this guy beats the lag in that Supra with that big ole single Turbo...It must be so gutless out of the blocks...

Yeah, there is 1500whp Supra near my neck of the woods too... Powerglide mated tranny with the 2jz...Big turbo combined with nitrous for the takeoffs...It don't go 245mph, but it does the quarter in the 9's...
At 1500hp that car is good for 270mph, it's all about gearing and pulling off the mirrors and putting on a grille blockoff!

At 1500hp that car is good for 270mph, it's all about gearing and pulling off the mirrors and putting on a grille blockoff!

Amen. I was about to make the same point.

With all that Lingenfelter has built here in Northeast Indiana, there are a small handful of Twin Turbo Vettes within a hundred miles of me that would give that Porsche everything it could handle.

Then, you count all the Supras. I know I got my Supra TT Seats for my SC from a GT4780R-powered Supra in Chicago that makes over 1000whp on a fully built 3.4L stroker that only gets fed C16.

However, the Porsche mentioned in this thread would likely smoke damn never every 1000bhp car in the twisties.

Staking claim to the fastest street car in the world is foolish considering what is out there in America...let alone Japan...or Germany.

Nevertheless, that is a kick ass car. I would trade my 4L for that 3.8L any day!

theres a big diffrence between building the car, then just claming it could do it, and going out and testing to make sure it can do it.

I would love to see more of these 1000+ hp cars showing up at an offical event and seeing what it accually can do. not saying that porshe is better in any way, just point out that there not claming, there proving.

btw that porshe just looks sexy.

theres a big diffrence between building the car, then just claming it could do it, and going out and testing to make sure it can do it.

I would love to see more of these 1000+ hp cars showing up at an offical event and seeing what it accually can do. not saying that porshe is better in any way, just point out that there not claming, there proving.

btw that porshe just looks sexy.

Well said. There is a wide line between saying and doing. But that is what the internet is for...lots of check writing but no place to cash it. It takes a lot of balls to take a car over 150 much less 200. Especially when it is a car you have plopped thousands of dollars into it.

I think at this moment, the SSC Ultimate Aero holds the record for the "Fastest Street Legal Car" at 255 MPH.

This is even faster than the Callaway Sledgehammer (254.76 mph), albeit not by much, and apparently the Sledgehammer set its record in non-street legal trim.

Interestingly, both are/were powered by derivatives of the ubiquitous small block chebbie.

So if the builders of that Porsche want to lay claim to being the fastest street legal car in the world, they're not going to be able to do it at "only" 245 MPH. They'd better aim for 260.

Time to crank up the boost a bit.....

Not to cause a stink, but this article looks very legit...Again this car is to break the "WORLD RECORD" at 245mph as the fastest street legal car.

Last edited by a moderator:
1/4 mile cars and circuit cars are different animals.. A well set up car can run good times with only 500 h.p in light enough body for example...
But don't do that well as street cars even if they are legal street..
Btw are these cars runing cats and full exhausts ?? That pass emissions and epa ?? The older cars have an advantage as emissions are not as tuff !!!
Tmk to be street legal ? They should pass all the above!!!!

My Corolla will be faster--NOT!!!

Although I did see a GT-3 RS last Friday, and just about pee'd my pants as it passed me on the freeway. Good motivation to work on mine!

Mark