Fastest Supra at 7.91...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
yes, agreed. Our units were engineered for smooth shifts, and smooth shifts spell time bomb in tranny-speak. Since the a341e is electronically shifted through solenoids, a standalone or shimming the accumulators will do the job in combination with a large cooler. I talked with Neil Griffiths, owner of Rush Imports and he said after blowing a few boxes on his supercharged SC400 that a shift kit and tranny cooler will keep it in check up to the 400rwhp mark. After that you need to consider other units.

Gotta remember the a341e is also used on supra TT's and I have seen more than a few running built units with built power.

Gotta remember the a341e is also used on supra TT's and I have seen more than a few running built units with built power.

Exactly. My supra was no monster, but was still around 350rwhp. With a PWR cooler and accumulators shimmed, it didnt give me any problems during a good couple years street abuse and multiple 12sec passes.

Attachments

• intake1.JPG
    intake1.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 781
  • intake2.JPG
    intake2.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 793
  • cam1.JPG
    cam1.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 859
  • cam2.JPG
    cam2.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 856
  • cam3.JPG
    cam3.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 770
  • intake uz.jpg
    intake uz.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 767

It's not the same A340E that the TT Supra uses. IIRC, the Supra's A/T has a couple more clutches, and some other goodies inside to withstand the higher output of the GTE motor.

When the people say the A340E still lasts around 350 rwhp, that's true. But that's not to say it's stronger when comparing to the A341E of the Lexus. The Lexus V8 has more torques at low end and that's what kills the tranny. If the Supra has 350 rwhp, it might have 325 rwtq. However, if the Lexus has 350 rwhp, it might have nearly 400 rwtq. And 350 rwhp with 400 rwtq kill a stock A341E for sure.

I just found out the internals of the A340E and A341E can use the same parts. The fact is I just ordered the Master Over haul Red Eagle HP kit from Alto and the engineer there confirmed they are interchanageable by using this kit. I didn't ask him for a regular kit, though.

The fact is I just ordered the Master Over haul Red Eagle HP kit from Alto and the engineer there confirmed they are interchanageable by using this kit. I didn't ask him for a regular kit, though

Steve, thanks!!! Needed a company name to buy a kit like this from. Good point about the TT producing less rwtq, never really thought of that. I do have one small advantage over a turbo/roots blower, and thats my centri blower... the power curve is easy on the tranny since it takes me 4,000rpm to get into significant boost and by then I have already hooked up and on my way down the road. I can definently tell my shift lag will be my doom if i'm not too careful, I can feel the hugest lag from 3rd to 4th shift.... I can hear my clutch packs screaming for mercy :crying:

Read some horrific stories about roots blowers shredding up trannies from all the instant tq.

Here's the company info. http://www.altousa.com/. You can contact them for the specific parts and they'll let you know the local distributor that's in your area. Then you can order the parts.

I just picked up the built tranny today. I'll ship out the valve body next week to IPT or LevelTen to modify and put a shift kit on it. Perhaps I'll send it to IPT because they already built on the Toyota trannies. KC just sent his valve body to IPT and put it on his SC4 and he has very good comments about it.

My SC reaches full torque at 4500 RPM and full hp at 5200 RPM. I actually like it to reach much sooner, even though it might hurt the tranny sooner. :naughty:

Here's the company info. http://www.altousa.com/. You can contact them for the specific parts and they'll let you know the local distributor that's in your area. Then you can order the parts.

I just picked up the built tranny today. I'll ship out the valve body next week to IPT or LevelTen to modify and put a shift kit on it. Perhaps I'll send it to IPT because they already built on the Toyota trannies. KC just sent his valve body to IPT and put it on his SC4 and he has very good comments about it.

My SC reaches full torque at 4500 RPM and full hp at 5200 RPM. I actually like it to reach much sooner, even though it might hurt the tranny sooner. :naughty:

John at IPT knows his A/T's. I would send my parts to IPT 1000 times before level 10. Level ten has been busted in the past doing OEM rebuilds and saying they're a high performance build in the A/T dsm world.

shimming the a340's accumulators makes them handle a bit more abuse and definitely improves performance. My supra used to light up HARD when hitting second and third after the mod. If you've got an a340 in a car that you're trying to make perform you MUST do it - totally worthwhile :) ... my LS will get its accumulators shimmed fairly soon.

IIRC, Ryan Woons supra is around 1500rwhp too, its one serious streeter

Hiya,
I'm about to venture into A340 territory behind an SC'd 1UZ myself. I have a shift kit to fully manualise the box and i think it quickens up shift times as well by upping line pressures? dunno.

Is the shimming an easier way to go? do both?

care to put together a 'how to' manual for us all...that would be awesome

yeah, how-to would do wonders.

Steve, did you need to source all your parts individually? Or did you buy a high performance master kit? I want brutal shifts lol, should I buy a reworked valve body and use their advertised resin cured clutch packs? Any 1 particular mod i should be considering here? I already have a huge B&M t-cooler to go with.

Hiya,
I'm about to venture into A340 territory behind an SC'd 1UZ myself. I have a shift kit to fully manualise the box and i think it quickens up shift times as well by upping line pressures? dunno.

Is the shimming an easier way to go? do both?

care to put together a 'how to' manual for us all...that would be awesome

I think there are several A340 "how to's" out there. IIRC, John @ IPT may have put one here (Lextreme) or on his site, and there are a couple on SupraForums, and elsewhere. I think I found them before by Googling on "A340 Modifications" or something similar.

I had a look around on my hard disk and found some of these, but they're too big to upload here, so I'll email them to you (Justen) & Sean.

You always have interesting surprises Justen ;-)

I remember the twincharged 1UZ and the short runner manifold.

Waiting with bated breath to see what you spring on us this time, hehehe

Steve, did you need to source all your parts individually? Or did you buy a high performance master kit? I want brutal shifts lol, should I buy a reworked valve body and use their advertised resin cured clutch packs? Any 1 particular mod i should be considering here? I already have a huge B&M t-cooler to go with.
The people at Alto will tell you what parts you'll need. If you want, I could give you what I bought from them. However, it'll be good if you could check with them and see if your parts are any different from mine. After reading/talking, I believe the upgraded valve body/shift kit is a must along with the built tranny for brutal force. You'll have to send out your existing valve body to have it rebuilt.

Here ya go lads:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267655

Its actually a 'how to' for the MK3 supra but it all applies. Its a VERY long thread by now but if you're going to read any of it, read all of it - most of the issues/questions raised were sorted in subsequent posts. One i remember was a guy that did the mod and his trans would shift from drive to reverse instead of o/d lol - if you do it right you wont have any issues tho :)

same motor, same tranny, same frame, same body, hell, it even has a full dash That's the record for a 6 speed Supra in a 1/4 mile, Titan Motorsports had it previously then SW topped it with a 7.91.