What's the fastest car you have ever drove?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

I thought I would start a thread to see if you guys can remember what was the fastest car you have ever driven...

For me -

1rst Z06 Corvette....Stock....
2nd Porcshe C4 turbo...Stock
3rd E55 AMG....Stock
4th My SC400 after increasing the Nitro to a 150 shot..

I hope you guys participate, it's always fun to hear about whom and what is the fastest...

For me probably my Porsche 911 rally car.

But a better question may be "What is the fastest speed you've ever driven?"

My answer to that is 145mph. This in my old Torana GTR Race car.

Yay for Torana.
Winks at Zuffen as american's say "Whats a Torana".
Were fast cars back in the day too!

For me a MKII MA61 Supra with a 2JZGTE that had twin T28's...

Was quite scary!

Judd.

Fortunate to have had the opportunity to drive some pretty serious cars over the years.
Fastest or quickest? There can be a difference.

Standing start - 100 mph - standstill, less than 10 sec
172 mph
F5000 openwheel race car

0 - 60 mph, 2.2 sec
Blown VW engined hill climb openwheel race car.

Street cars are boring =] I got my old Chrysler Conquest Tsi (Mitsubishi Starion) up to 167 on the way to Las Vegas once. On closed course I'm sure I've gotten up to 200 but I can't say I've been over it.

Fastest cars :
Toyota Atlantic (Swift chassis) now called Champ Car Atlantic Series
ASC Stock Car
Formula Mazda

Fastest top speed would be in my 1992 SC400 when I hit 145mph... It was a smoothe 145mph too, no shakes or vibrations.... I matched that speed in a Nissan 1996 300XZ twin turbo too....

If I may include motorcycles I owned a 1300cc custom built semi drag GSXR , stretched, lowered, Huge rear tire, jetted carb's, bored, cams, exhaust, ect...0-100mph in probably around 3 Seconds... That rocket you just punch it and hold on for dear life...Actually you couldn't punch it first gear, only second and on...I am Lucky I didn't die on that beast... I hit maybe 160-165mph on it too...

Love the SL65 AMG Drifty....Very fast......

Question Drifty, do the wheels break loose on the SL65 when hammered or is it traction controlled? The E55 AMG that I drove was traction controlled but pulled hard......

RMS and Zuffen what is a F5000? Sounds scary at 10 sec. in the quarter...:yikes:

Attachments

• valves.JPG
    valves.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 12
Love the SL65 AMG Drifty....Very fast......

Question Drifty, do the wheels break loose on the SL65 when hammered or is it traction controlled? The E55 AMG that I drove was traction controlled but pulled hard......

RMS and Zuffen what is a F5000? Sounds scary at 10 sec. in the quarter...:yikes:

YES the wheels break lose with ease even with the traction control, you can feel the traction control come on and contain the wheelspin but then as soon as it eases off the wheels light up again! dear i say it, its almost got to much power

My current car, the GT8 is both the quickest and fastest car i've driven 0-60mph sub 4 sec and would break 200mph wide open if i could find somewhere safe enough. Drove a low 11 sec KE20 corolla this easter which was a wild little ride. Both street registered cars

Would kill to get a seat in that 2 seater F1 demo car...Maclaren ?

My cousin had a turbo Sigma that i drove a couple of times, was 1/2 a length behind a 10 sec HQ Monaro at 200kph scary as S%#t fastest I've driven is 230ish in my old Commodore ute

Would kill to get a seat in that 2 seater F1 demo car...Maclaren ?

Bill Stoddart had a whole fleet of 2 seat Minardi F1's and held races with passengers on board.

Don't think I would like to be seated behind Nigel Mansell when the red mist descended. Seems like they forgot about the passengers and had quite a few shunts.

An F5000 is essentialy an old F1 car with a 5 litre pushrod engine.

HP per ton (tonne) is quite impresssive the the performance equally so.

RMS - Your bigtime...Formula cars are sick.....I Would love to have a track run in that ride if I could fit my 6'6" 225LB body into that cockpit...The handling and power of one of those F5000's would surely bring a huge huge smile to my awed face.. Must be fun....:notworthy:

James - 900hp Supra and 180mph is very impressive...When and who's Supra is that? Must of been a rush....:headbang: That kind of power you could probably break loose in the top gears...WOW, James, that Supra must of made your SC400T seem slow?

JustinGT8 - Your GT8 sounds very fast...Got a pic by any chance? I don't know what the GT8 looks like, and would love a little more info on the beast...0-60mph sub four second car with a 200mph top speed is not a slow car by any means... Congrats on a very fast ride...:fing02:

Drifty- Yeah the traction control seems to come standard on these AMG's, and the E55 didn't want to break loose as you described the SL65 did. I guess the SL65 AMG is even faster then the E55AMG...WOW, and the E55AMG was really fast too when I hammered it....

I've hit around 250kph in an '85 model series 3 bluebird, stock SR20 with a gt2530 turbo pushing 17psi, it was still making power at the limiter. That thing was insane, it had a quiet high ratio diff in it and it could still light the tyres in the 1st 3 gears!!! I'm only guessing on top speed 'coz the speedo only went to 180.

Attachments

• IMG_0234.JPG
    IMG_0234.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 3
My fastest would be an offroad buggy with an SR20DET in a buggy weighing in at 600kg on a pretty wide closed dirt road. Estimate around 210 to 220km/h.

Good fun! Ended out with balls shrunk to the size of peanuts in the sweepers though.