EVO X owned by LS400 procharged

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

spf_lexus

So out here in southern Colorado there doesn't seem to be too many imports racing around... mostly stangs/vette's/camaro's and sometimes an evo here/there. Well my friend who has a brand new X with an ECU reflash took me on as we were exiting the freeway... waiting for a green and a long straightaway over a bridge and long incline with his X behind me. Mind you it's a 5speed and this guy wont use the factory 2-step, afraid of his stock weak clutch which if used would most certainly put me down so it was almost fair lol. I spooeld my torque convertor to max stall and punched off the line and we kept our 2 car length distance from each other for a 1/8 mile and he darted into the next lane and proceeded to try and pass but never managed to gain any ground... My procharger was around 4500 and seeing good boost and from there on I never had a sag in power and we powered up a 4 lane freeway incline at 120 and finished at the south end of our school at 130 when he caught up only a car length but never passed!

I feel if i had a straight plenum manifold and some S & S headers I think my 130 could have been 140. Mind you my 1uz see's 7psi while his see's 24psi @5000foot elevation.:thumbsdown:

HAHA I guess I should shange my screen name? Dude those new X's weigh in at a little over 3600lb... heaver than the older body style and he had a girlfriend riding shotgun so im guessing 3750lb? Mine has light racing seats... no back seats so the weight wasn't so far off. I have driven his before, very little lag, and potent handling... to the point where your face looses the blood in it! When you feel this your holding at LEAST a G prob little more, amazing handling. But this was Pueblo.. land of straight roads so no prob for the aging LS.

This car was holding 300rwhp but had a tune for sea level, with mine not being tuned at all I was very stoked!:bandit: