STi Vs. Evo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
well, the wrx range is new to the states still.... we've had them here for over 10years now.... and after all that time, the evo's still come out on top... here at least...

but then you also have to remember that only just recently did our local impreza's start using the RS 2.5 litre bottom end. So i guess now subaru has an advantage in the form of 500cc extra displacement.

still, i'd take an evo just because they're rare here (wrx's are like cockroaches... every nook and cranny).

evo's seem better built to me, WRX's have had problems galore over the years while the only evo model which had any major issues that i know of was the evo4 with its electronics. Prefer the evo interior as well, even though its just a tarted up lancer interior

I'm yet to drive an STi, but i've driven an evo 6 makkinen and the thing was unbelievable, simply refused to get loose and the power delivery was very smooth and linear

Since we only have had both cars in the States since '02, I can say this... If you want the best tarmac car buy the EVO hands down. But where I live we get a fair amount of snow every year and I would have to pick the STI as my daily driver. And thats after driving an EVO VII Warrender 340 that a friend had imported from GB, plus a couple of EVO VIII MR's, and a few STI's that my friends have.
icon10.gif

Comparing an EVO against a WRX is like comparing a Beetle V 911...
The STI has far superior mech features.. Tho they look the same...
6 speed, variable traction, front lsd, big brakes as std, tighter suspension..
I have a 1995 and 07 WRX.. But I'm not saying I won't take an Evo either in the driveway...

Comparing an EVO against a WRX is like comparing a Beetle V 911...
The STI has far superior mech features.. Tho they look the same...
6 speed, variable traction, front lsd, big brakes as std, tighter suspension..
I have a 1995 and 07 WRX.. But I'm not saying I won't take an Evo either in the driveway...

Mate you have this soooo backwards ;)

Admittedly Subie have finally got rid of the glass driveline but still not a patch on the Evo gear. Evo tech pips the WRX too, with 'smart' diffs and yaw control etc etc. The Sti has only recently had the variable torque split in and that about as far as it goes.

The new DSG is weapon fast and yes the ride appears to have softened but it's still quicker.

Mod for mod, the Evo just gets further ahead. just turn up to any track day or targa and it's 10:1 Evos to WRXs.

Looks wise the Evo has always had it over the WRX as well.

Like you, i'd still have a decent Sti but the WRX, while being good, will always be the bridesmaid to the mighty Evo :)

Mate you have this soooo backwards ;)

Admittedly Subie have finally got rid of the glass driveline but still not a patch on the Evo gear. Evo tech pips the WRX too, with 'smart' diffs and yaw control etc etc. The Sti has only recently had the variable torque split in and that about as far as it goes.

The new DSG is weapon fast and yes the ride appears to have softened but it's still quicker.

Mod for mod, the Evo just gets further ahead. just turn up to any track day or targa and it's 10:1 Evos to WRXs.

Looks wise the Evo has always had it over the WRX as wel

Like you, i'd still have a decent Sti but the WRX, while being good, will always be the bridesmaid to the mighty Evo :)

Yes what I'm saying is make sure you compare STI to the Evo...
Not the far cheaper WRX... $40k to $60k+
The Jap spec are different to Au imported too..
For a RACE car ?? Yes EVO easy... Subaru have good endurance, reliability, resale value...