Evo or STi

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
The EVO any day of the week!

MUCH stronger drivetrain, more rugged engine and any performance parts can be bought of the shelf.

Basically - much more power / $ when you start to tune it.

David,

Planning some offroad adventures?

For the price you may want to at LEAST test drive a used C5 Corvette or possibly even a Cadillac CTS-V if you want 4 doors.

Early 30s is what i can afford right now...... I think the Vet is in the 50s and i need 4 doors. I am trying to stay away from American cars this time.....

Personally I like the STi. IMO, the quality is a little better in the Subaru. Have you considered a G35, or the new IS350? Or a 3-4 year old LS400?

Lextreme said:
Early 30s is what i can afford right now...... I think the Vet is in the 50s and i need 4 doors. I am trying to stay away from American cars this time.....

That is why I said used.

I understand the hesitance to buy American. Reliability and dealer service is not Lexus standards (is anything?) That said the Vette is a LOT of performance for the dollar new or used. The Caddy CTS-V has the Vette drivetrain complete with the 400hp LS6 engine, T56 6 speed manual tranny, 14" Brembo brakes and only 3500+ pounds. The CTS has never been my favorite bodystyle but neither is the Sub or Mitsu. Personally I REALLY am interested in how the rest of the V series Caddy's turn out with the STS packing a new bodystyle, RWD, supercharged 470hp engine, IMO very NICE styling. Gotta tell you, this one is on my radar.

David, it's hard to go wrong with a 2002-2004 GS300.

4 doors, Toyota/Lexus quality and it won't even hit your early 30 mark.

I can't think of a better 4dr import daily driver unless it would be the G35 Infiniti as TurboAndrew suggested. But then I'm pretty partial to Toyota/Lexus.

And you KNOW the resale is going to be better than either the Mitsu or the Sub.

John

Of the two cars,I prefer the Evo. I just don't like the sound of a Subie flat-4 motor...reminds me a lot of a broken inline-4 engine.

But since I'm also partial to Lexus,I'd get a used 2nd-gen GS. How about a Lexus SUV Dave?

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 5
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 5
  • MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 5
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 7
  • MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 5
  • MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 5
V8TOY said:
i heard the wrx boxs are strong,i havn't seen one blow but i have seen a few mitsi box's **** themselfs doin a launch.
The STI has the stronger subaru tranny, but take the wrx or the GT box... brakes like glass.

The EVO tranny is very rugged unmodified, and if modified, the housing is very often used to build extremely strong modified gearboxes for all types of racing.

Id go with a STi no question. IMO the quality is better and the SEMETRICAL AWD is nice, along with a bigger motor making more power stock with less boost. Yes that evo engine has been around for ever but id go STi, no dought about that. Plus i like the STis looks over the evo.