sc400 steering rack EVO Component

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

WDoherty

I'm considering a new p/s rack soon and when i look to buy them there are two kinds. With the EVO Component( much more expensive) or without. What is the "EVO Component" Are there two different versions that came in the sc's, like some with or without progressive steering, or does this just mean that a rack includes the solenoid or not? which the solenoid is the suspect of my problem.

ahhh, i tried to get a diagnostic at lexus today, but they didn't have room for me. Bad thing is i'm on spring break and going home(rural texas small town, no lexus dealer for 2 1/2 hours) and was hoping to order the steering rack today so i would get it in by the end of the week and install. Truth is, i don't know if its the solenoid or rack causing the grinding sounds coming from my pump and i don't know if my car has the EVO Component or not which is required to order the new rack, any help?

so i talked to a steering rack place and my problem does sound like the steering rack, "morning sickness" grinding of the pump when the car is cold due to old seals and i went ahead and ordered one with a solenoid. I think he said the evo is electronic variable orifice, which my car has, so wish me luck with it this weekend.