Evo or STi

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I understand... 4 doors... but why the turbo econobox?

Here is a much better value (albeit 2 door) at $31k

405hp, 18000 miles, 84000 mile warranty, lots of turbo options if you desire.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...iewItemQQcategoryZ6168QQitemZ4579841792QQrdZ1

Vette2.jpg

But those are both still OHV cars that are american made. Ill admit, i would buy a Z06, it is bad ass, but David already has a fully built Cobra.

sniper said:
But those are both still OHV cars that are american made. Ill admit, i would buy a Z06, it is bad ass, but David already has a fully built Cobra.

Both cars have the SAME engine, the GM LS6. In the Caddy it is rated 400hp in the Vette it is rated 405hp but it is the same engine. Yes, it may be OHV but so what. All alloy heads and block, 6 bolt mains, extremely well supported in the aftermarket, smaller than a 4 liter Lexus 1UZFE. IMO the tradeoff in cost, complexity and size makes it hard to justify 4 valve per cylinder designs in engines turning under 6500rpm.

Don't get me wrong, the xUZFE engines are works of engineering art but to get 400hp naturally aspirated is not easy and the end result would likely be less driveable and less efficient than the LS6 engine. Unless you utilized variable valve actuation (not timing, actuation) as I have provided links elsewhere. Even so, the LSx engines lend themselves much easier to VVA conversion than the 1UZFE. An LS6 with VVA could be super smooth and incredibly efficient at low rpms while having a seriously flat and strong torque curve while topping out in the 500hp area. Not bad eh?

If you are looking for a 35k Daily Driver, you have many options beyond the Rally Racers. Heres a few of em

Early Ultra Luxury LS430
Jaguar S Type R
Jaguar XJR
AMGs (Former Body Style of E Class, CLK Class, if u get a good deal even S Class)
AWD Turbo option - Audi S4
Theres the aforementioned Cadillac V Series
Early 90s Bentley Turbo R (I love that car!)

Save the Bentley and the LS, those are all hi-po cars, and they are all Luxury Sedans too! Theres probably even more that i missed too.

Lex,

Are still in the market for another car? my mechanic is selling his EVO, $27000.00, with pink slip, white, all factory, it has oregon license plate, easy to import cars to oregon, 1700 miles on it, it is sitting in his Shop, let me know if you want to check it...

My wife has just orderd a SLK55 for delivery after October next year. This will ensure it is the latest and will retain the best resale vale (over say a June delivery) and she also get her choice of colour (color) rather than the silver or black only options now available.

4 valve 5.5 litre 4.9secs 0-100. I think my new engine made her look for more go as she won't let my toy be faster than hers.

There's a company out here offering Eaton supercharger upgrades for $28,000.00 that will give it another 100KW and knock around 0.5secs off the 0-100kmh times. Move over Ferrari 430's!

niether

id get the new raliart lancer wagon, not officially an evo, but awd evo powered lancer wagon. its well priced. if i was getting a new car i'd deffinitly have to test drive this one.

Sheesh !!! 10-16-05 to 14-1-10
Thread mining...

Love em both have early WRX auto with m/y 2000 STI engine brakes and suspension..
And a 07 WRX till now ?? Completely std...
They HANDLE so much better than other vehicle options listed...