Project Thread 3.3ltr whipple into Ls400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
There's an OEM scoop kit available from Toyota for MKIV Supras. It's not too big, just sort of a "bulge", and looks really good once installed. Thought I had a photo of one but can't find it. Might be an alternative.
We have a couple of RX7 bonnets around the place with scoops in good conditions, we measured it up and will work and like different, we where looking at the Ford boss bonnets here in Oz which does have a bulge in it, but $600 for a bare metal skin was a bit too much.

Here's the Supra scoop as sold by MVP Motorsports in the US. Might be a bit small for what you need.

Update
Things have been a bit slow, due to Xmas and New Year.

Have changed the Brakes over from std supra brakes "13inch front, 10 inch rear" to the ZF supra barkes, which are 15inch front and 13 inch rear. We did test fit my 18 inch rims on the front brakes, and they are a very nice tight fit.

Over the last couple of weeks, we have arrange a rx7 series1 bonnet, we then cut the scoop off leaving about 2 inchs around it, lined up where the scoop needs to be on the bonnet to clear the supercharger and drive pulley, then tig welded it all together, looks pretty slick and hot i thing?

Have included some pics of the bonnet during this process.

Once this is sort out, we then can finish off the intake system and the dual custom air-boxes, wire up the 2 computer systems, 1 for engine, other for auto gearbox.

I like that scoop! If I was looking to get one of those in the US what year car would I look for?

Attachments

• 0701_z+2007_acura_advanced_coupe_concept+front_corner.jpg
    0701_z+2007_acura_advanced_coupe_concept+front_corner.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 182
Here are some pictures of the bonnet after the scoop has been welded on, test fitting to the car before its finally sent of for painting

That looks nice! I have not had any luck finding a hood cutting like that here in the US. I really think that is a good looking scoop. Nicely done.

U should have the turbo RX7 's over there,the scoop was cut off a 94 model?
The only problem with it, the scoop sits to 1 side on the original boonet (which i cut square an placed in the middle of mine), an u have to fill in 1 hole for the window washer?

That looks nice! I have not had any luck finding a hood cutting like that here in the US. I really think that is a good looking scoop. Nicely done.

Im not sure what happen, i did update this thread with some info and pic's but now they are gone?

We had to redo the manifold that i got off andrew,that bolts on the back of the supercharger, as there was little room and it fouled with the fuel rails.

With the manifold modified an in place, where able to bolt on the 2x 69mm throttle bodies and start making the ducting from the air boxes to the throttle system. All this is out off 3" alloy piping.

Since we are running the dual throttles, we had to work out a way that we can hook all this up, so it works correctly. accelrator is to be connected to 1 throttle, a cable link is going to join the 2 throttles together and the kick down cable will be on the 2nd throttle. DFor this to work, we had to made up some special brakets that are welded onto the manifold that bolts onto supercharger.