Project Thread 3.3ltr whipple into Ls400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hypronet, cheers for the photos; we have an idea what it ought to look like now. On my build we were just about to start on the cogged belt drive, and had been throwing around some ideas.

Hypronet, cheers for the photos; we have an idea what it ought to look like now. On my build we were just about to start on the cogged belt drive, and had been throwing around some ideas.

This was the best way to set it up.
We did look at doing it other ways, but it just didnt look right!
This way its simple, nice looking and does the job and I only need the 1 belt for the 2 blower pulley's due to the design of the adjuster.

I didnt take a picture of it, but i got 2 extra dwell keyways done on the crank/balancer and pulley as the standard keyway will not take the load and will shear off.

Good point about the keyways, I've been considering it even with the 2.2l Opcon that I have.

I don't know how close we are to the limit with a 20psi pulley, but we have to be getting close, and with the addition of a nonslip cogged belt, we could be in trouble.

Good point about the keyways, I've been considering it even with the 2.2l Opcon that I have.

I don't know how close we are to the limit with a 20psi pulley, but we have to be getting close, and with the addition of a nonslip cogged belt, we could be in trouble.

Your engine/blower combo is 1:1 close too it, an if you have a redline of say 8K this means that you will be running close to a 2:1 drive ratio on about 20psi. Yes your right, very close to limits.

Ok Boys, have some pictures of the engine in the car.
there are a couple of angles to get an idea of the room an of height that i got.
Enjoy

If some are thinking off what this long engine cost, i can give you an idea.

Custom CP 9:1 pistions w pins&rings $2200,
Argo Ibeam rods&bolts $1600,
Tighte custom cam w springs an shimless backets $2200,
Ported heads & manifold $1500,
Stripe, clean, bore, hone, blue print, balanced, supply bearing/gaskets, fit return oil lines and assemble$2000

thats about $11,500,
thats not counting the mods for the blower drive $900
Blower kit $9500
then the fuel system $5800 (pumps, injectors, lines etc)
then the 8 coil pack system, aftermarket ecu etc

All up, this will end up about $35k AUD for the engine

This was the best way to set it up.
We did look at doing it other ways, but it just didnt look right!
This way its simple, nice looking and does the job and I only need the 1 belt for the 2 blower pulley's due to the design of the adjuster.

I didnt take a picture of it, but i got 2 extra dwell keyways done on the crank/balancer and pulley as the standard keyway will not take the load and will shear off.

I did a check on the pulley's on what the tooth count is on each 1.
Crank pulley: 51 tooth
large blower pulley: 40 tooth (15 psi)
small blower pulley: 30 tooth (32 psi)

And pic's taken off the belts, show the type and sizes
serpan belt is a 6pk 1815
I know, the blower belt is a RB25/26 timing belt (152 tooth 8mm pitch belt)

By the way, had a quick chat with the engine builder, an he can make this for others out there if wish to change over to it?

PM me if interested

Im working things out with a mate (who's a refigeration mechanic) an we looking to experiment with the intake system on this engine, dont know if this has been done before, but a custom cooling system for the blower?

This is not going to be a std intercooler (air/air, water/air, air/dry ice) or some sort of water/meth injection before or after blower, but a modified A/C or a system running liquid nitrogen to cool the intake system before blower which will be monitored by the ecu.

This may be some think that is setup as part of the airbox system or part of the tubing before throttle bodies, not sure yet?
The problem is, if it is not monitored, it will freeze an ice up the intake system and may jam the throttle bodies open.
What we are aiming to do, is keep the air intake temp range between 5 - 20 C.

If someone has see or heard of somethink like this done before, tell me more, as it may help me out with some idea's.

Ok, i had to butcher the old intake system that bolts onto the back off the blower, as there was no-way that you can fit it in, while the supercharger was in place and we have cut a hole in the bonnet to clear the supercharger.

The bonnet we already worked out what we are going to do, i have already cut the whole out to clear the blower, have arranged for a RX7 series 1 bonnet where we going to take the top skin off it and line the 2 up and weld then together. This will give as our clearance for the blower and look like its factory done.

The supercharger intake have now been made it into a square box section, an on each side we will weld on a 90 degree bend, out of 2 1/2 inch round tube where we will then mount the throttle bodies then tude to custom air boxs behind the headlights on both sides.

With the extra room that i have infront of the motor, instead of a 4 core we going for a 6 core raditor.

I have a couple more pictures

There's an OEM scoop kit available from Toyota for MKIV Supras. It's not too big, just sort of a "bulge", and looks really good once installed. Thought I had a photo of one but can't find it. Might be an alternative.