Project Thread 3.3ltr whipple into Ls400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Thanks! I really apreciate that

I just had a chat to the boys at the yard, they say there is 2 types of bonnets that came out in the RX7. they tell me the series5 bonnet is mild steel, while the series 7 bonnet is made of alloy?
The alloy bonnets go for about $450 AU, i am getting this info doubled checked for you now and will know in the next hr.

I just had a chat to the boys at the yard, they say there is 2 types of bonnets that came out in the RX7. they tell me the series5 bonnet is mild steel, while the series 7 bonnet is made of alloy?
The alloy bonnets go for about $450 AU, i am getting this info doubled checked for you now and will know in the next hr.

I see, All I have found are alloy, I will need steel.

Since the last update,

we have relocated the postion of the top water intake neck on the engine as it was very close to the blower belt?

we have aquired 8x 1mz cops for the ignitions system.

mounted an each 2 injectors (which will be 2x600cc's) in the intake system before the blower to help keep the air temp down.

now we are waiting on my EMS8860 ecu system, so we can finish off the wiring off the engine bay, that will be about a week away. The old engine wiring harness and computer was removed as we are only going to use the EMS system with new wiring harness on the engine.

If all goes good, will only need about a week an a half to get car running?

Nice work!
Are those extra injectors for Meth/water?
What are the 1mz coil on plugs? Are they direct fit?
Just modified my water kneck too, I will try to get a pic up in my thread.

Nice work on the water bridge mod, was it difficult to weld?

Was not that hard to do really,
we looked around in the scrap bins at the wreaking yard to find what we where after, an found a wrx neck was long and had a bend in it and was the same diameter, we then cut the neck at the angle required an alloy welded it up

Nice work!
Are those extra injectors for Meth/water?
What are the 1mz coil on plugs? Are they direct fit?
Just modified my water kneck too, I will try to get a pic up in my thread.

the extra injectors will be setup to run std pump fuel, there will be a extra line that runs from the main fuel rails on each side that will connect to each injector.

The cops came off an imported toyota 3ltr V6 engine, which uses the 1mz coil over plugs, they fit in the hole an clip onto spark plug perfectly and bolt up to the original bolt holes on top, except for the front plug where we had to do a small mod to it. i do have a couple of these as spares as they where removed from a car that was wreaked, there not cheap, retail at just over $700 per plug in OZ.

Here are some pictures off the blower manifold and the heads after been matched ported an some off the air box mods that i did not place up here earlier

Time for an update

Things have been slow on the car for the last couple of months, as the workshop had to re-locate to new premises.

We started working on the car this week; sort out how to wire up the cop igniters for the engine by testing 1 off the spares to get the correct wiring order. Got a really good spark off it when we tested it off a near dead battery, the spark was jumping near to 1 inch off the spark plug to ground. Have picture to show sparking on battery.

Once the cops where sorted out, we finished off making the engine wiring harms to use the crank and cams triggers, oil/water/air sensors, wired up the cops, the 10 injectors, TPS (throttle position sender) and ISC (idle step-up control), 2 electric radiator fans. And we run a power cable from boot (as battery is now located there) to engine bay, where it is connected to an Audi external HI-AMP fuse box then to the main fuses (this can be seen in the front on view off engine bay, look at the fuse box lid).

The accelerator cable was swapped for a longer 1 as the std 1 was too short for our application, once this was changed we were able to get the twin throttle bodies to work correctly and got WOT after minor adjustments. We have gone for and installed 8x800cc injectors for main and the two injectors on intake system are 600cc, which all run on STD pump fuel and fuel pressure rate set via Fuel Reg and duty cycle via EMS8860, so now we just have to run the extra fuel from the boot to engine and plum the pumps and surge tank which are located in the boot.

By the end of the week, the fuel lines, the modified 5 speed auto with 3200rpm stallie, and exhaust system will be in the car. So once the 2 computer systems are installed (engine and auto computer) and programmed we can start the engine and dyno tune it.

Have provided some pictures

Thanks guys

the car is 1 sick mother, i cant help but LOL when the mechanic shows his customers the car, jaw hits the ground and they say "what the f#@k, a daily driver" yep on std pump fuel.

An Update

This week we where able to install the gearbox, tailshaft and the heatshields in the car.

Had a bit off fun wiring up the gearbox to the car, their is NO wiring diagram for this gearbox on LEXTREME.
The gearbox i have is a 30-41LE which MV in south australia said is a five speed as it has 10pin plug on the actuator an a 8pin plug for the solinodes, not the std 8 and 6 pin combo?
But this is ok, as the person that sold us the computer system for the gearbox has wiried up these boxs in the pass and has the diagram for this box which i will post on the site when i have it.

We had to make up new brackets and linkages for the gearbox, as we are using a B&M rachet shifter, due to limited room in the trans tunnel, the lever on the actuator is pointing down (std points up) and a cable bracket that sitting on the bottom off the gaerbox on the rear drivers side of the pan. It doesnt sit down low, so it wont get hit will driving the car. when we put it together, it worked first go, an was able to select all gears in box but was tight selecting them, but will free up in time.

Now with the gearbox in, the engine has moved (sitting correctly in engine bay now) and the drive gear snout for the supercharger is now touching the bonnet, so it now needs to be modify the scoop so we have our clearance again, lucky we didnt paint it earlier.

Now what we are waiting on, is for our supplies to get in the fuelline so we can pum the car.

Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

Update

Was hoping to have the car started by the end of the week, but have been sidetracked with a couple of things so it looks like next week then.

We have run the extra fuel line from the boot to the engine under the car on the drivers side in the undertray section, and connected it to the fuel rail on the drivers side off the engine, then extended the original fuel line to connect to the other fuel rail on the passengers side and pumped the rising reg into the return line back to the tank.

Now we just have to pum the both fuel rails to the risin reg an will be getting all the fitting required to pum the surge tank and the dual 044 fuel pumps tomorrow so the fuel system is done.

Then its just a matter of wiring up the ems8860 ecu an sorting out the electronics that are not working due to the factory ecu being removed from the system.

have some pics of gearbox linkage, extra fuel line, an a mess of wiring

Hi 200sx-V8

Thanks for the reply

The cops that i am using are from a imported 94-96 V6 toyota camry 1MZ-FE engine.

I was going to use the LS1 coil system with this engine build, but where my car is been built, they recommended that i use the 1mz cops instead and sold them to me for the same price as the ls1 coils would cost (ls1 coils in sydney cost about $120 each, where the 1mz cops cost about $800 each new, second hand $300 each).

Using the 1mz cops in the end, makes the engine bay look a lot more cleaner to look at then the LS1 setup.