Twin turbo UZ ST185

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Justen, you're the MAN !...very, very nice !!!!

Can't wait to see the dyno numbers compared to your old (twin turbo setup)....

whoooo....:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Justen,

You're the man!!! Do you have any pictures showing how the supercharger manifold is structured along with the pipes from the turbochargers going into it? Or are you keeping your secret?...LOL.

Im trying to work out how it works!

Twin charged systems I have seen have the SC runnning into the turbo to spool it, not two seperate units. I have not read the whole thread so you may have talked about it, but dies the SC cut out at any point to let the efficiency of the turbos take over and reduce the drag of the SC?

Just back from the Toyota Nationals....car drove the 1000km faultlessly and performed well in the Khana IF i could keep my right foot under control :) The asphault course was very gravelly which combined with mucho grunt and the super tall final drive meant very fine throttle control was required and i'll be the 1st to admit i'm a little rusty :)

As for how it all works...easy. The twin simply feed the SC....the SC has no idea what air pressure it's getting whether turbos are there or not so as long as the SC is sized right for the engine (this is a M90) then it shouldn't be a restriction. The BOV is setup as a bypass valve as per normal and seems to work well.

...and thanks for all the encouraging words. I'll post dyno results and more details as i get them.

How where the nationals Justen, was going to go but had some other commitments, next year maybe.

Twin turbo and supercharged..... the best of both worlds.

Nats just got better...i missed the presentation dinner but turns out i won a stack of trophies including Top Toyota :) Totally stoked :fest30:

love the idea of using a BOV, ive seen it a couple times here in NZ as you can get them cheaper than the bypass valves and the can be regulated more easily. very sexy set up, need to see a video of it on dino when you do it. any idea of boost being ran? does the sc make quicker spool up?

Awesome Effort Justen!

I was going to ring to ask how you went Justen, only 3 weekends ago I saw it all apart on your garage floor - awesome effort to get it built and cover 1000km and compete - well done!

It will be interesting to see how the torque graph changes and if the temps are any better with lower boost from the turbos feeding the supercharger! I (we all) look forward to the next chapter!

Cheers and well done!

Ed

I have to say mate that is fantastic work. Inspirational and informative. I have always been told that twin charge systems are really difficult to plumb and set up but this looks like a simple yet effective way of setting things up. I have a few questions though.

How would it hold up on higher boost applications?
As the output of the supercharger goes straight into the inlet of the engine how would you charge cool this setup?
Any chance of some more pictures of the engine? With all its bits and pieces on it.

I have to say mate that is fantastic work. Inspirational and informative. I have always been told that twin charge systems are really difficult to plumb and set up but this looks like a simple yet effective way of setting things up. I have a few questions though.

How would it hold up on higher boost applications?
As the output of the supercharger goes straight into the inlet of the engine how would you charge cool this setup?
Any chance of some more pictures of the engine? With all its bits and pieces on it.

Higher than 22psi? you be a brave man :)

I run water/alcohol injection for post SC intercooling but i'm looking at something a bit fancier for my next setup.

Troll thread for pics and links to pics

Lol well combined that is 22psi boost but the turbos are on 12psi which is almost stock on some turbo applications. No idea whether 10psi is high or low for a supercharger though. But with a built motor you know you would want to be turning up the boost hehe.

Where abouts do you do the actual injection of the water?? Are there little ports in the intake pipes where the water goes or does it go just before the throttle body or where? Not really sure how water/alcohol injection works.

Only 5psi on SC....total boost is the multiple of the pressure ratios NOT a simple boost addition.

You can see the WI lines going into the intake pipe pre TB...x2 aquamist injectors...these are the best nozzles by far in my experience