Twin turbo UZ ST185

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Twin turbos and engine mounts

Hi Justen,
Very impressed with the engineering, keep up the good work, does'nt look like there is a lot of room next to the engine, i want to fit really curved home made extractors to my project, but using the original engine mount position looks impossiable, from the pics it looks like the two triange brackets from the fenders to the head area support the engine, and the engine hangs from these, is this correct, did you still use the original lower mounts as well.

Best Regards
Lambo

Thanks Lambo.
The engine actually sits in a tube frame cradle from the original mount points on the block...custom mounts though. The top supports are basically just steadies as this thing would twist itself out of the chassis with the torque it produces without them :)

I'm not completely happy with the steadies as the angles aren't optimum but we were pushed for time and the best we could do then. I'll have a rethink some time down the track when i get time.

Well it's been a while since i've posted...had a few server issues. Anyways, there has been progress.

Car has been to the track which was a hoot. Even taking it pretty easy it was laying the quickest time of the day easily and not too far off the best time my other highkly modded GT4 runs.

Better yet it has also been on the dyno for a tune tweek. There was no point going crazy as i'm still running the tiny final 2.5 inch muffler and both my external wastegate gaskets are leaking. Even so, on a tiny 6.5 psi it laid down a comfortable 265kw at the rear treads. Torque was also insane around the 680Nm....no wonder the poor W58 was having trouble hanging together.

Needless to say the box is getting upgraded to an R154 (all the budget can cope with i'm afraid). Maybe a T56 down the track but they are a bloody huge box which i don't think will fit?

So pretty happy with that result. Once those last few items are sorted i'll be turning the boost up to 12psi and see what damage we can do at that boost level :)

Justen, what diff were you running to get a ratio of 2.9???
3.3 is ideal you say? what about a supra rz 3.2 dif?

very impressive numbers on such low boost... well done

Have you sold the pulley and belt yet?

Justengt4 said:
Pulled the engine to do the twin plate clutch and upgrade the injectors as well as install the PS. All went smoothly and leaves me with that custom pulley that allows you to tidy the belt side of things up and the 320cc/min injectors.

$80 plus postage for the pulley and i'll chuck in the belt for nicks. Done maybe 200km? Something like that anyway..bugger all.

Justen - Have you sold the pulley and belt yet? If not, email me please [email protected]

I've got a dyno sheet...i'll get it scanned in i guess. It was boost versus kw with a/f approx 12.5:1 and another run with the Water Injection on that cost me 10 or so kw.

Twin turbo UZ ST185 (update)

Sorry for the late reply guys, this site and my server don't see eye to eye for some reason.

R-Jay - to get the thing running asap i just ran the stock GT4 diff. I'm currently running a 3.7:1 JZA70 torsion LSD. No room to fit a JZA80 diff without more body surgery and i reckon the JZA70 diff will cut it once i get a clutch pack LSD in there.

Edz - sorry mate sold that pulley yonks ago

All - had a bit of fun at the old Canberra drag strip last week during a photo shoot. Check out the link below for the hoonery. Not a regular occurrence but with all that empty strip it was a little hard to resist :)

http://www.4gcelica.net/gt8.avi

Lucky the good ol' Defence Force boys didn't come and round you up!! What a damn waste that space is now..... tsk tsk, but that is another story.........

I love the sound, what sort of revs were you pulling? Was that the turbos spooling down when you backed off?

LOL the airport fire fighters turned up to see what the hell was going on :)

That was around 4500-5000rpm in 2nd gear and yup the compressor surge is really noticeable. I have a bloody huge BOV on there but still can't totally eliminate surge. I can only hope it's not severe enough to be doing damage.

Thanks Lex,
Just a bit of fun. A tad expensive to do on a regular basis but seeing it was for a magazine shoot thought i'd lash out to give them something worthwhile to shoot :)

Dusted off the old G-Tech and found some empty blacktop to open out the beast this arvo. Hmmmm can anyone say lack of traction I was running my track rubber but made no difference for launch traction.

I did 10 runs and 2nd gear launches turned out to be the best option...1st gear was a waste of time. Massive wheelspin in and thru 3rd and even 4th was a bit sketchy. The wheelspin was so bad that it didn't only cost me ET as you would expect but was hurting trap speed too.

Best result was a 13.5@185kph. This was on the 150rwkw setting with the WI on. Not exactly slow but with good traction you'd shave 1 and maybe even 1.5 secs off that time.

Had a bit of fun after with a TT 300ZX. After he was thoroughly toasted i answered his question of what
is done to the engine with an honest..nothing, totally stock internals on 6.5 pound...i might have neglected to mention it's a V8 but if he couldn't pick that for himself???? ;-) LOL his car was sic maaate

JustenGT8 said:
Had a bit of fun after with a TT 300ZX. After he was thoroughly toasted i answered his question of what
is done to the engine with an honest..nothing, totally stock internals on 6.5 pound...i might have neglected to mention it's a V8 but if he couldn't pick that for himself???? ;-) LOL his car was sic maaate

Brilliant

Logan