Turbo Q45

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
when you say very low - could you make the rear match with lowered springs?

are we taking 2in or 4in difference here?

reason i ask is - i'm really between a rock and a hard place. Both the Q45 and LS are great cars, and now it comes down to how easily i can get aftermarket parts.

like if i can jump on ebay and get 300ZX coilovers for the front end, with slotted GTR rotors and 4spots then that's a big plus.

The Z32 300zx coilovers will drop the car an easy 2.5 inches all around. The Eibach springs that I have on my car take it down by 1.5 inches.

As far as brakes, you can put the Z32 and Skyline GTR brakes on the Q. My car has the front brake setup from the R32 GTR. Like I said, the rear wheel drive Nissan/Infiniti cars from that time period share the same basic suspension design so you do have options. Have you driven the cars yet?

M45

I drove an M45 the other day. That car is awesome. The converter feels loose like it was after market. That car will launch for a factory car. I definitely want to do something with the 4.5L. The M45 is at the top of my list. A+++

The Z32 300zx coilovers will drop the car an easy 2.5 inches all around. The Eibach springs that I have on my car take it down by 1.5 inches.

As far as brakes, you can put the Z32 and Skyline GTR brakes on the Q. My car has the front brake setup from the R32 GTR. Like I said, the rear wheel drive Nissan/Infiniti cars from that time period share the same basic suspension design so you do have options. Have you driven the cars yet?

all good to know!!!

had a drive in a few LS400s, lovely car.

but it is hard to find someone selling a Q45 over here. there's one in mandurah, which is like 2 hours drive from me. :crazy:

also looking at a 20B Type E Cosmo.

Hey guys. I wasn't able to do much on this project for almost 6 mos. I finally got back to the car and started finishing off the last bits. When I left, I had the car running but didn't tune. So this week I hooked up the wideband O2 sensor and started to check the a/f ratios.

2_display_1.jpg

2_display2_1.jpg

I fiddled around with the BEGI FMU and got the a/f ratio to stay at just under 11.5:1 at full throttle. The car is running 6 psi of boost right now and is using a Blow-thru MAF setup. I'm going to be changing out the wastegate spring to a 7.5 psi unit soon.

Here's a quick vid that I took. The road was a little wet so I had to lift after the 1st-2nd shift but you can get an idea as to the performance of the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW8DGEQDqoY

The trans has been rebuilt by Level Ten so it shifts faster. I'd say it is worth about .3 seconds per shift.

I saw that video before. The power is crazy. I don't know how much boost that thing is running but it is definitely screaming. Last I heard, they had upgraded the internals and were pushing for 1000 hp.

Here's a vid that I did today. The weather was dry. I brake torqued before I launched but all I got was wheelspin. Oh well..... it wasn't the best run but I don't think it's too bad for only 6 psi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Kz9fgQyzw

I'm going to be replacing the wastegate spring next week, taking it up to 8 psi. Also, I'll be plumbing the wastegate back into the exhaust. The open wastegate is just too loud.