Supercharging a V8 SC400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

COFFEE

I was looking @ Supercharging my SC400 Limited.
Trying to find a cost effect way of getting some power when i came a cross
the small blower off a 1GGZE Toyota.
Since then i have notice Castlemain Rod Shop is usiong this exact Blower in a kit for 3.8 V6 Commadore engines.
This got me thinking and was contimplating the possibility of putting the radiator on a slant facing forward, allowing me enough room to fit two of these Blowers in front of the motor of a coupled pully.
I know it sounds crazy but the standard motor is not recommended for more than about 6-7 psi without decompressing the head.
While two of these Blowers would create a bit of drag on the motor, how much i have no idea.
I would imagin these two blowers could generate this easy and the removal of the Hydraulic Clutch Fan would balance some of the extra drag.
Considering the two Blowers can be brought for $500, the set up should be completed for under $2k ?

If anyone with any expertice in this area and these motors had some advice.
I would be greatfull.

Stephen

Stephen,

A few people have tried the Toyota blowers but I don't know anyone who actually got them working or persevered with them.

The general rule in Australia is to use an Eaton M90 on a custom manifold.

Do a search under threads by jordysskiboat he can build you amanifold and you should be able to get a reliable system up and running for under $4,000.

Alternatively you caa buy the Rush Imports system from Niel (also on the Site blownsc400 I think) for about $5,000.

Both will give you a meaningful increase in performance.

Which way you go depends on if you want to spend the money and have it done for you or you want the satisfaction of doing it yourself.