Fuel Enrichment with supercharging

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Do you think my SMT6 has this sort of capability? I do own a ociliscop but I am not good with it at all. Can i get this sort of imformation from a good code reader? If so which one? I wish I were closer to houston, i would look you up.

Sorry, I completely forgot that you had an SMT6 - yes you should be able to see your injector duty from that.

I don't know squat about that piggyback but I'm sure there are a few people here that do, and can point you to the right screen for injector duty.

I use one of those with my Supra fuel system and like it a lot. I helped Jeff Lucius from the VR4 crowd do some fuel pump testing a few years ago, and it's simply amazing how sensitive most fuel pumps are to the system voltage.

I won't repost the article, but here's a link to it: http://www.stealth316.com/2-fuelpumpguide.htm The whole article is great, but if you're only curious about the Denso pumps, click on that tab and you'll find my tests.

So I use the Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump in conjunction with a big solid state relay, and a PWM circuit generated by my AEM ECU, and I have three different voltages that are fed to my fuel pump:

8.5-9 volts for idle and low load cruising
12 volts for acceleration and low boost
16 volts for high boost

Works like a charm, and it avoids excessive circulation of fuel which is unnecessary and only heats it up.

I haven't heard of the Boost-A-Pump before. It sounds great, but I'm a little skeptical about it. For the same price, I'd prefer a Walbro pump instead. The simple reason is it's been proven under all conditions and I've used it before.

Steve, don't misunderstand, the Boost-a-Pump isn't a fuel pump; it's more like a voltage "amplifier".

The Walbro is a good fuel pump, but one disadvantage it has is that it doesn't like to be run at lower voltages, unless they're generated by PWM. If you feed it 10 VDC or below via a resistor setup, as per the earlier 1UZ's, it will overheat & stall.

The Supra pump is a great pump, but it's a power hog. I like it because it's a quality OEM piece, and its performance is very predictable.

To me, the combination of the Boost-a-Pump and a single Supra pump is the way to go for nearly any street application.

The Electric Walbro fuel pumps work beautiful for most every application and have been proven and tested over time... As long as you have a good alternator, leads, optima like battery, I don't forsee any problems with voltage supply that would correspond with failure of some sort...Doesn't hurt to have a battery current stabalizer as well like a high voltage regulator to boot.. It's worked great on my car for years now..

Just my two cents...