New Turbo 4.5L V8 Diesel, in Aus Toyota Cruiser

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I would think alot of Aussie's would be towing around boats and other water toys since Australia is surrounded by warm water and sharks....Am I mistaken? Is there very few Aussie's that are into boating and water sports?

Yeah, jibby.... our boats and water toys are rearley 3500kg. And if they are, there too big to fit in the shed.

The most heavy thing I would tow would be another car at about 1500kg - 2000kg's

Come to think of it what would I possibly want to tow that's over 3500kg's?

What to you guy's tow around in the US?

With like what we classify a Full sized pickup?
Car/truck haulers, equipment bobcats (ski-steers) or loaders, campers, misc. trailers, boats of all kinds?
5tons(10,000lbs)+ is starting to stretch what most people would have for a boat, but it's not particularly a hard thing to surpass. Especially towing vehicles, and equipment.

Campers can get huge.

2 Mk4 Supras

Yeah, jibby.... our boats and water toys are rearley 3500kg. And if they are, there too big to fit in the shed.

The most heavy thing I would tow would be another car at about 1500kg - 2000kg's

Come to think of it what would I possibly want to tow that's over 3500kg's?

What to you guy's tow around in the US?

Attachments

• twin cheater solenoids.jpg
    twin cheater solenoids.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 27
  • two stage solenoids.jpg
    two stage solenoids.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 26
  • nitrous nozzles.jpg
    nitrous nozzles.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 24
What 2 car's being towed by a Pickup?

In Aus most people wouldn't bother using a 4WD for towing 2 car's, we'd just go buy, beg, borrow or steal a tray truck. purpose built to have one car on the back and then you just put a trailer behind it with the other car.

This Toyota ute would most likley by bought and used by Aussies who are either 4WD'ing camping or using it for work.

Toyota normally over engineer there car's anyways so Im sure you could put more behind this type of Truck/Pickup with no problems

(Just some interesting info I found on Toyota web sites about the new 1VD-FTV engine,)

In another first for Toyota, the new engine has a graphite-iron cylinder block engineered to handle high pressures within a lightweight and compact design.

[SIZE=-1]The 1VD-FTV engine has aluminum-alloy pistons with combustion chambers in the piston crown. The pistons have an internal cooling channel

[/SIZE]A variable nozzle vane turbocharger ensures boost pressure continually adjusts in accordance with engine speed

this V8 boasts an oil scavenging pump working in conjunction with the primary oil pump, for better lubrication.

The crankshaft’s engineered from special high strength carbon steel for greater durability yet light weight

Link's to the site's I found the info below
http://lc70.toyota.com.au/toyota/vehicle/Content/0,4664,4119_1612,00.html
http://toyota.pressroom.com.au/pres...D=2&navSectionID=11&categoryID=1000&kitID=217

Also this engine is suppose to be released it the new 200 series Landcruisers with close to 200kw and 600nm

For the question of 2 bolt and 4 bolt, diesel engines are always built much stronger than the gas counterpoints. With the exception of that hunk of poo that GM converted.

The extreme cylinder pressures dictate that they must be stronger.

The company I work for has bought one of these, and I took it for a drive today. Much better than the 1HZ diesel it replaces! It actually spins the wheels a bit when you take off quickly :saevil:

I managed to surprise a few people who thought it was just another sluggish oil burner...

Yeah I drove one last Thursday, just a base model cab chassis.
They have boost at idle and pull like nothing I have ever driven before.

They drive almost like a petrol with power all through the rev range.

Can't wait to see how much all the Performance shops get get out of this new engine, don't forget this engine still get's 100km out of 11.5L of fuel

I know this is digging up an old thread but I actually bought one of these things.

Picked it up about a month ago and love it.

mesandcopy.jpg

sorry to bring up an old thread but i was wondering if the 1vd-ftv has the same bellhousing bolt pattern as a 1uz/2uz since here in aus the 2uz came out with a h151 manual 5spd and the new 1vd also have a h151 behind it and since the block configuration is sorta the same and with the starter motor in the valley aswell i was hoping to get a gearbox/ bellhousing /flywheel out of a wrecked 1vd-ftv and bolt it behind my 1uz

any info would be muchly appreciated

cheers
sticks

Last edited:
I'm now starting to get involved with these and aint too impressed with them. However the box out of one will solve your problems but you want a lunched one with transfer attached then fit R series internals. No the Bell is not the same and I do have some "Horror stories" after only a week in

Gents,

Anyone know where I might be able to find the bell-housing bolt pattern for these 1VD engines? It seems the aftermarket guys are not tackling this engine yet as a candidate for engine swaps. Are there any drawings available for it?

Thanks
Ed

Depends on price ? Not sure if many of these will be written off locally to have enough to keep prices down or imported like the 1UZ.