New Turbo 4.5L V8 Diesel, in Aus Toyota Cruiser

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

V8Datto

Just a quick post to see what peoples thoughts are on this new engine.
It's a 4.5L single Turbo, Intercooled Diesel V8. Has 151kw and 430Nm

j72007_06.jpg

j72007_04.jpg

Does anyone know any more info on the engines, like 2 bolt? 4 bolt? any forged internials?
The engine code is DOHC 1VD-FTV

what does the V acessory code mean? also whats up with the D what happened to Zs for the 2nd letter in a reused name? looks neet tho wonder how well it will take to more boost. compound turbo ;-)

All info at the moment is still not 100% sure.

I read about this in the latest 4X4 Australia magazine
The car was unveiled at the Brisbane Motor Show in February
But the engine spec's have come from NZ, so it's just a guess at what the final car will have.

And Pro there coming out in all new Landcruiser's, even the NEW 5 door Troopie.

This engine is also supposed to be a 90deg V8 and with common-rail.
Some more pic's I found of the engine, Not sure what the huge cogs are?
engine.jpg

And also the new Landcruiser wagon's (200 Series) with this engine are supposed to have more power, maybe even twinturbo, sound's like we'll have to wait and see when they come out.

I was hoping maybe this engine was also released in another car in say the US and could give some insite to possible power gains

This engine is also supposed to be a 90deg V8 and with common-rail.
Some more pic's I found of the engine, Not sure what the huge cogs are?
engine.jpg

Those "huge cogs" sure do look like cam drives. Maybe this is going to be a pushrod motor, and the pushrod tubes will be outboard from the block, ala early Volkswagen aircooled motors and others.

Perhaps Toyota has decided to go with a dual cam-in-block design to lower the profile of this motor and eliminate the noisy cam drive chains? The photo on the left isn't very clear, but it certainly looks like a very compact motor, without the added height of DOHC's.

You could be right; for the very high pressure required for direct injection, it might require a direct mechanical drive for the pump(s) instead of an electrical motor.

It'll be interesting to learn more about this new motor.

the new landys are phat all the boys at work have been drolling over them for about 4 months or so .:684:

i will see if i can get any more details...........i do know there is going to be a twin turbo option :006: there is all so tray back, 3 door troppy & the 200 series wagon.

going to sydney head office for my new training will hit them up for more info on this beast.:poke:

202hp/317ft-lbs, 787lbs running weight, that's a total light weight for a v8 diesel!? Where the 200bhp/525ft-lb Isuzu (Duramax) weighs 1180lbs dry.

Not too shabby considering a 3.3L displacement advantage on the 7.8L duramax. That's like... An entire 3mz-fe v6 added onto a 1uz-fe without the associated recipricating weight & frictional losses lol

<a dim bulb brightens>
This doesn't suprize me. I think it happend alot earlier than I figured tho.
Toyota = good at making little diesels they won't sell in the US (lol)
Yamaha = top end design extrordinare
GM Duramax = Isuzu motors ltd
Toyota buys GM stock in Isuzu
Toyota pops up with really good diesel engines

Attachments

• tran1.jpg
    tran1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 6
  • tran2.jpg
    tran2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 6
  • tran3.jpg