MSD DIS-4 For 1UZFE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Nath

In regard to "4Cams" question of 1 distributer on the engine, I am very interested in knowing more about this. I engine will be a completly stripped NON-COMPUTER set up.

Imagine it a Chev V8 but a Lexus block. that's what I want.

Was thinking of mounting the distributer off the original mount, probably a Mallory distributer.

Any thoughts or ideas? In theory is sounds easy. Do I need to compaer firing orders?
Nath

Nath,

Look for a thread from quadcamboat where he installed a water pump off the back of one of the cams.

I'd think this would be the smartest way to do it.

Search all his threads by going to the memberlist and following the bouncing ball.

Nath

Check out my gallery at this website

In it there is a photo of a 1uz that a mate of mine built where he took all the efi off the motor and installed a Holley, twin blowers and twin distributors running off belts to where the old distributors were.
He has since built up another 1uz using twin distributors directly mounted to the front of the cams.
For some unknown reason he is using twin SU's on this motor.

This guy is a wealth of info, he also rebuilds 27 litre Rolls Royce Merlin V12's as a hobby.

Brett

Last edited by a moderator:
No Dizzy at all

I think you have all lost the plot. Why the hell would you want to remove the standard dizzy to mount a new one on the front of one head to start with has me beat? Why dont you look into the technology of direct ignition? www.directignition.com can help you if you are in the USA or ring me if you are in Oz and i can supply the XDI for a Lexus. Its a proven system that works very easy!