MA61 with 1GZ-Fe swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
The headers are mild steel, smooth pre bent, Mig welded and on the way to be black ceramic coated.

Started on an adaptor block to remount the oil filter on an angle to clear the engine crossmember.
Originally I expected to remote mount the filter but I see this as a better result, the flow and return to the filter is just over 3/4" so hoses would be fat.

Care to post pics of the subframe?

I have a feeling I'm going to have to custom make one, or have one made, but I'd like to make it myself.

The new crossmember is a stock one, the one I cut for the V8 had more removed from it than needed for the V12.
Just had to make a dent each side for it to follow around the sump perfectly.

I have loved this build I first saw it on supraforums.com.au (i think that's the site) and have been hopinh to see it finished. I can't wait to see the finished product!

I'm in Melbourne.... when it's done i'd love to see it, or even hear it! :)

Loz_King, we are almost neighbours, I'm about 90 min further east.

Should have my adaptor plate for the gbox tomorrow :)

I'm pleased with the adaptor to rotate the oil filter assembly 20 deg.

Supragarage174.jpg

Supragarage175.jpg

That's quite a creative little adapter for the oil filter housing, did you just use a die grinder to cut out the shape? Looks great!

Correct, whittled away using a steel template (so if I slipped it wouldn't cut across the face)
The 1/8" hole between the ports was to orientate the template on the other side.

The headers are back, in black :)
Supragarage178.jpg

Supragarage180.jpg

The adaptor plate has arrived just as I found a place that makes an alloy adaptor/Hilux clutch/alloy fly as a kit for T56, they are currently working on a 9" twin plate kit, I'm thinkin' this is the one I want ;)

Supragarage177.jpg

Keep me posted on the clutch and bell housing adapter options

Correct, whittled away using a steel template (so if I slipped it wouldn't cut across the face)
The 1/8" hole between the ports was to orientate the template on the other side.

The headers are back, in black :)
Supragarage178.jpg

Supragarage180.jpg

The adaptor plate has arrived just as I found a place that makes an alloy adaptor/Hilux clutch/alloy fly as a kit for T56, they are currently working on a 9" twin plate kit, I'm thinkin' this is the one I want ;)

Supragarage177.jpg

Itb's

Tell me cribbj, or anyone, is the ideal for Itb's to have;

(1) Throttle disc closest to the inlet port, i.e small volume runner?
(2) Long, tapered runner from trumpet to throttle disc?
(3) Inlet runners in a straight line to the port?

A few steps forward, the radiator and fans are just sitting in place and now 1/2" clear of the engine.
The sway bar mounts points have been moved down and forward giving good clearance, when the suspension is fully compressed I get my 1/2" clear there too.
Gees, didn't realize both pics are crooked until after I locked everything away!
Supragarage189.jpg

The exhaust is half way down to the back, still have to weld in some nuts above the cats to screw in the o2 sensors, got a few fuel lines etc, on the left of the cat to relocate and shield.

Supragarage190.jpg

On another note, I've agreed to buy 12 x 43mm throttles, they are to go on later, I should arrange post by sea from Japan to delay me from getting distracted from the main job i.e. get this thing running.

I will see better when I get these things in hand but am looking at removing the lower manifold which has the injectors & fuel rail attached,
make a flat plate manifold 'bout 3/4" thick bolted down onto the inlet ports (that are in the horizontal plane) and mount the throttles vertical.

This will leave little space between rows of 6, only enough for linkages ?
Perhaps there will be enough height for short stacks and 2 rows of injectors firing straight down the middle of the trumpets???

If not, easier/cheaper way will be to lay them horizontal over the cam covers, that would look ok too.

There you go cribbj, you've been calling for these, tho I'm disappointed, the salesman said they were a direct bolt on!!!

Supragarage193.jpg

Because it will take a small miracle to fit these without a hood bulge, they won't be on my priority list of things to do :(

I can feel a hood bulge coming on, it's the only way, no matter what configuration I try.
In the pic the front 3 will clash with the COP ignition, just, I did find that the 1GZ TPS units will bolt onto these 4cyl Toyota throttles.

Any comments on mounting the injectors straight down the center of the throat, onto the butterfly? I've been told idle might be a problem, possible pooling of fuel?

I've only seen injectors upstream of the butterfly for WOT applications, or secondaries. I don't think I'd try it for the primaries.

Can't you weld bungs into the runners to shoot the fuel at the intake valves?

I tend to agree, not to put injectors above the butterfly, bit more investigating to do.

To fit them in the valley there is no room for injectors unless they are mounted in the side of tall runners.

If I lay them horizontal the injectors can stay in the original place, no benefit in moving fuel rails. One day, they'll go on ;)

Good news, there is about an inch more hood space than I first thought so I should clear the COPs.
I have looked and looked at the valley and think there is a slim chance they could go vertical but everything is sooo tight for tps and linkages.
Besides, they would be covered by an intake plenum, what fun is there in that :)

Decided I'd better stop fondling these TBs or I might go blind.
On with some exhaust work.

Supragarage192.jpg

Supragarage197.jpg